1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell will report week 7

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Oct 1, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Saints defense is pretty bad with kamara..

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that's simply that though, last year. our o-line was better than this game last year. the ravens defense is better than last year. who knows what bell would do this year. bell doesn't make ben pass better or the o-line block better this year. bens getting back to forcing the ball to AB. juju was pissed coming back to the bench and slamming his helmet down because ben forced a 3rd down throw into quad coverage of AB. it's more than just having bell on the field that is a problem at this point this year. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm confused. You think guys worth 1 billion arent rich but think leveon making like 30 million so far in his career is set for life? Huh?

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Cowboys oline Is worse this yr than the last 2 years. Yet Zeke is leading the nfl in rushing. Why can't conner do the same? If he is great as you say why does everything have to line up perfectly for him to produce?

5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Guess the rap giant hasn't cashed in on his rap so he needs some ends...

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yep the great zeke is doing it all by himself. you are such a richard cranium. :cool:

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's the best argument you have? Lol

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    show me where i said conner is great then we can talk. until then i stand with my statement of you. :cool:

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Zeke>>>>>>> conner lol Zeke is a top 3 back

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Did you see what the Bengals did to the Ravens this year? Sorry, but I'm not buying the notion that the Ravens are that much better on defense.

I never said the loss of Bell was the only issue. Roethlisberger was terrible in the second half Sunday and all game long against the Browns. The offensive line has battled injuries early on.

I am saying that they are significantly better with Bell. He's better than Conner. Accept it already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    This parasite has done nothing to help this team so he can go to Hades. He has divided the locker room, divided the fan base, been a huge distraction that I believe has impacted what goes on the field. All for money that is in excess of what he deserves. The more money that goes to him (over what was offered), the more he will negatively impact the team again by his cap hit. Its all about him. It's easy for people to just say "pay him" when they aren't the one's paying. Lets move on to something that we can hope really helps this team out.

12. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Having Bell does two things: A)More offensive firepower. B) Better odds of keeping that thrash D off the field. It would be quite the story if we went unbeaten with Bell and won the SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is all fine and great, but what if Bell is out of game-shape and takes 3-4 weeks to get up to speed? It will be too late by then. Plus, I don't see him giving 100% effort, since he's anticipating the big payday in March.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Pull the tag who cares. Unless this team figures out how to play defense the season is over. For us to have any chance they really need to rip off 8-10 wins in a row. With the schedule its not looking good. It is like 2013 when they started 0-4, I was wishing the dumpster fire would continue so we could move up in the draft, cut some dead weight ect. Pull the tag save the cap and spend next year to win it all. Bell is a joke, you can not believe what he is saying. " Ill retire if they tag me again", "Steelers nation 2018 will be my best season to date", "lll be there week 1". You cant trust him, again Id wait till the last possible minute and pull the tag, let him sign with another team and worry about getting hurt playing the last 8 games with someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Where is that being reported ?

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Comparing him to leveon who is great is also surmising that conner is great.

17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It was in the espn article. It said something like he still Hope's to get a long term deal worked out with pitt in the offseason.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I know hes better. So is about half the backs in the nfl. 32 year old AP has been better than him.That wasnt the point. My whole thing is it's nothing wrong with calling conner good and giving him credit. But they make excuses for him when he doesn't perform and also overhype him just out of spite for their dislike of leveon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    The article credits it to bell. Just saying.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll have to give it more attention when I have time. Skimming through it I did see they are scoring more points per game without him.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Total misrepresentation of the argument in order to support your narrative. I have never claimed Bell is set for life nor has anone else on the board. They have stated he has made more money in 4 years than most people would see in 3 lifetimes and his attitude towards making more is just poor.

On the subject of the Rooney's and what their estimated wealth is vs team value. Paul Allen is worth 20.9 billion dollars, that is money he has made from Microsoft and is personal wealth not the worth of the Seahawks franchise and the amount of revenue they generate for him personally. The Rooney's are rich but much of the AR2's personal wealth is tied up in the everyday operation of the Steelers. Beyond shared revenue from the league there are stadium deals, merchandising sales , advertising and so on to generate revenue. Out of that they have player salaries, opertain costs, facility upkeep, production budget, traveling budget, staff salaries and so on for a small market. End of the day he operates the team that's the business

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Teams this year got like 250 million from the league. The salary cap in the nfl is only 177... they are not hurting and 30 million of course to most is alot by as I've stated a person making millions doesnt live the lifestyle of someone making 5 figures. The lifestyle they live is according to that money. Mike Tyson went broke off 400 million

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No you are comparing two backs that Plat for the same team not their relativery greatness.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Rich on paper. But it’s all tied up in paper. Not like the others.