1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell wants 17 mill now

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Mar 28, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All we know is what's reported in the media. people are going to act on those reports. By those standards you yourself don't know anything about the situation, but you sure are defending his actions.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes they built a business over the last 85 years.

This is an absurd comparison.

Not even comparable.

Actually I don't think that would work. Isn't there a minimum amout a team has to spend?
    Different position than any other. Not a good comparison.

There's still a cap and we can't stay under it as it is without constant restructures. Bell is being unreasonable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Please think before posting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    If only the world knew as much as you do. If they want to keep their 85 year business going, they can pay their players. The Rooney’s are not the ones that have to live with lifelong injury and pain. It’s the players choice to play and it’s their choice to demand compensation for it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I’m not defending him, I’m saying everyone has a right to ask to be compensated and should not be called names for doing it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Insults? I'm at a cross roads here. Do I take the high road and say nothing and let you get yourself kicked out of here or do I tell you to "Go F*** yourself"
    I'll just say nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hammer

Hammer Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Team First! Take what you can get, and do your job! Or someone else will! Everyone is replaceable

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    It just seems like Bell is getting so bizarre ( even by his standards ) that he HAS to know...That he is alienating the Rooneys and the organization...idk...Maybe in his twisted mind he thinks somehow, he can be dealt ......And somebody else, meet his silly demands?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Hammer

Hammer Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Unbelievable I get so tired of hearing about this cut the guy let him get paid somewhere else, we don’t need or want that, not a team player! Give me anybody but Bell, I say Sell the Bell!

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Well hopefully his agent and he know somethings coming down the pipes... If you didn't care for his skipping early and his lipping late last season, standby as it will be 2 fold this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hammer

Hammer Member

Mar 29, 2018
    I care, I didn’t like it at all. If he don’t like the program he needs to go get with another program and see how he does behind a different o-line, lol my guess is not so good!

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s how you ask.

If he was polite, professional and responsible, he would be well supported.

He is none of these.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It could be that he was told that he would be signed, we don’t really know

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you thinking by his agent or by the Steelers? His agent had an agreement for him last year and Bell reneged, so I’m not thinking him. The Steelers certainly didn’t tell him that he would be signed after that. Fool me once...

16. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I don’t always believe the reports that come out. He may have done that and went against his agent, or he may have been told that he would be taken care of when they could. I don’t know, I’m not a huge Bell fan. I just don’t think that people should label him something if they don’t have personal knowledge. I mean KC could just pass on him and let him go, the team chose to tag him. It seems like it has deteriorated to the point that it may not work going forward. He does seem to have the support of his teammates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Here’s a thought. There are talks about the Pats trading Gronkowski because he won’t commit. Would you make a straight up trade? Bell for Gronk. Commitment is a question mark for both. However, I think a Gronk and Conner (or whoever we stick in there) would be more formidable than Bell and James (or whoever we stick in there).

18. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    I think we should tell him that next off season we will franchise tag him again but we will allow his agent to seek a trade with another team as long as the team gives up a 1st and 2nd round draft pick.

That way he has to play well this season so he can get a big deal from another team next year. We get a 1st that we can use on an RB and a 2nd that we can trade for a future 1st that we will need to move up to get a QB to replace Ben.

19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    You know what. This is one of those instances in life that is not an opinion type thing. Glenn's right. Your wrong. You are making yourself sound idiotic. Bell was offered a wage that would make him the highest paid player at his position by far. The Steelers have been more than accommodating to Bell. No matter what nonsense Bell has thrown at the Steelers, they have treated him with professionalism in return. Now he has upped his asking price??? This isn't like an underpaid union worker fighting for a decent wage. This is a selfish, stupid, child who has no concept of money, making an ass out of himself. He dosent deserve what he's asking for. Bell has been a problem since he's been here. Maybe you can get a group of underpaid Mill workers to picket in the streets to get Bell his 17mil. Stick it to the man!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    At this point I'd just pull the tag and get this distraction off our team. I know it can be viewed as rewarding him by letting him go, but at some point they have to realize that it's doing more harm than good to the team. Not really with it just to prove a point to Bell. JMO.
    Plus correct me if I'm wrong, won't we get a compensatory pick for him next year?
    If true it's not like we're getting nothing in return?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know if you can trade a franchised player but if I were Colbert, I would trade this guy on draft day for as much as I could get for him. If you can't trade a franchised player, sign him and then trade him.

22. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know if you can trade a franchised player but if I were Colbert, I would trade this guy on draft day for as much as I could get for him. If you can't trade a franchised player, sign him and then trade him.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

So no food stamps in his future lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

We need a standing ovation emoji

25. Hammer

Hammer Member

Mar 29, 2018