1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell unlikely to report by Tuesday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    What a moron. Glad he's gone. I begged this team to let him go at the end of last season.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Green font my man

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who said anything about folding up? The players are asked about it constantly, that's a fact. How much of a problem/distraction it really is who knows.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If I recall correctly Bryant was inactive for a game even after the suspension was over. I don't recall that being the case for Bell. I could have that wrong though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    It will be interesting to compare next year's salary for him (with a new team presumably) and the deal the Steelers offered. But you'd have to subtract the 14mil (if he doesn't play at all this year) from the new salary to see if the holdout was worth it for overall money earned thru his career.

Because if he doesn't play at all this year, all he did was get another year older at a position where age has a big impact imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bryant and Burns :shrug:

7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Fwiw, he’s an Aquarius.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They'd take him back but doesn't mean they want him back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I haven't seen any players state they didn't want him back. I read that players in the locker room would welcome him back if he showed up. I think the players on the team want him back because he can help the team win games. Does that seem logical to you?

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Thank you for participating without presenting a diatribe about another Bell thread.

Slightly more thought that he'd return, but it appears that will not be the case.

Personally I'm thrilled. if that's the case. No disrespect to Le'veon wanting to get paid, but damn this has been one big ass distraction.

I hope the best for him, and hope he goes to a team with a decent offensive line, because with his style of running, he needs good offensive lineman to trust and make the block.

Like our guys have been doing. <<< Just sayin

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You really can't see the negatives of inserting a player into a team that is humming along can you? You just see another shiny toy and think oh awesome, we'll just change our offense on the fly 11 games into the season. Hey lineman, that blocking you have down pat for Conner, can you adjust that now for Bells running style?

As for players wanting him back, I don't know, Foster and Decastro and Pouncey sure didn't have anything good to say when he didn't show up in time for the season opener. I'm sure they are just tickled pink about it 11 weeks later. How about AV? Lets check it out...

For the record, I was talking about Steelers brass. Bell and his agent, the brainy people they are, had no idea how the tag worked until the Steelers released a report that tipped them off. There was no logical reason for the Steelers to inform Bell that if he didn't show this season, his tag would be 25 million as opposed to about 14 million if he reports now. Seems to me they are saying, Bell, we prefer you don't come back.

Maybe the Steelers brass and the players just aren't logical.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    So the Steelers win a ring this year and Bell doesn't get one. He still doesn't get as good as a deal as Gurley next year and he signs to a crappy team willing to overpay for him and never makes the playoffs again. He would of been rich anyway with a good chance for a ring and a good OL to protect him and keep him healthy, which is what he is worried about. Knowing how stupid he is, he will sign with a team with a terrible OL and for sure get hurt trying to touch the ball 400 times. He will be able to afford the best wheelchair on the market though.

Winners:

James Connor
    Steelers Organization
    Steelers Fans
    Bell's Agent

Losers:

Bell
    The team that overpays for him.
    The NFLPA during the next CBA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    FWIW, during the pre game Thursday night all the announcers talked about the Bell deal as expected. Each and everyone of them said they talked to several players and all of them said they would welcome Bell back. Now they didn't say names and they did say that they would rib Bell for for a bit and that after awhile they would move on. They talked about how the goal is to win a SB and adding another weapon can't hurt that.

With all that said here is my feelings, #1 JC is our starter NO MATTER WHAT BELL DOES IF HE COMES BACK! #2 we all have been what happens in the playoffs when one of our stars goes down. I have no problem with at this point in time have LB as the back up and playing along side of JC. We can't change what has happened so it is time to move on and worry about our run to #7. #3 LB becomes insurance for not just JC but also AB and the rest of the wr group. #4 put the hate aside for LB he is a talented player and yeah I have seen the pics but I am 100% positive he will be in playing shape in a week or two....if he shows before tomorrow.

Now many here have so much hate for LB and I get it but we need to look at what good has come out of this:

#1 JC, I wasn't a believer but he has proved me wrong.
    #2 Cap Space, holy cow guys we have 13.1 mil of space right now and it is growing. When was the last time he had this much space???? and we haven't lost anything on the field.
    #3 We don't have that 70mil contract to deal with the next few years and a worry about if puff puff Bell will screw us.
    #4 Speaking of 70 mil we now have that money to lock up our young talent, which might have been a problem with signing Bell.

So yeah LB screwed us but in the end he really did help us. People can say well we could of used that money to help our D, well I say show me when we were big spenders in FA? We signed Bostic and Burnett I am not sure even with the money we would have went higher. Anyways while many here are filled with anger remember these point I just made and keep in mind the good season we are having and think it is only getting better.

If LB shows up ok fine another weapon and if he don't fine too so problem we are doing fine right now without ya. He will sign with a lesser team maybe for more money but just like many other big contracts he will not see the end of it.....jmo. :herewego::herewego::herewego:

14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    IMHO, bell is no better than a system player, appreciate the efforts he gave while he was a steeler, but he’s done and will be lucky to break double digit millions in his next contract. It takes 10 other guys on offense Mr Bell, you aren’t as good as you think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Artie is trash as a player and should not be benched but CUT.

16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the cap space saved this year can't be carried over correct? So having cap space this yr is a moot point right? Wasted opportunity?

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It can be carried over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    No, cap space gets carried forward, so we can use the extra money next year.

19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Lack of education.

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Lmao...Thought it was some kind of cool thang

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I'm not gonna make fun of the way someone spell's. I just dont think it's the right thing to do ..I dont spell verry well anymore, and i used to win spelling contests back in middle school lol

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So did he leave Miami just for a pick up game at an LA Fitness in Pittsburgh?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't see the point at skipping out on 14.5 million just to avoid injury. If he's after a Gurley type contract, taking a year off and not producing results, I'm not sure you can get that same type of contract. Especially, in the end when you come out and look like a non-team player, terrible me-me attitude. and then your back up puts up better stats, than he did a year prior.

Just makes no sense. If he shows up takes the 14.5 million and put up numbers similar to Conner's stats. He get that Gurley contract or if not more.

Even if he did get hurt, even if minor. He still get a large deal from a team.

25. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    The moral of the story is Le'veon Bell is a ****ing moron. Pissed away 14 million to MAYBE get 40 million in guaranteed money. So, when he gets 20 mil guaranteed next year from another team, he will have lost 14 million from this year no matter what, resulting in really not accomplishing ****.