1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell unlikely to report by Tuesday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Ok, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Steelers still own the right's to Bell if he doesn't play this year and they can tag him again next year for the same amount?

2. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I hope they tag his ass again next year. Would rather they make a big FA signing, but they never do. If they’re not going to use that money, tag him again. If a FA opportunity presents itself during the summer, then pull it and he loses some time to negotiate a deal.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Would be funny if nobody signs him and he goes to AFL making 300k a year lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Frost33

Sep 28, 2014
    I get what you're saying, but don't think Bell is going to be any shape for football any time soon. I think skill wise he could be positive, but I think the distraction he brings will hurt this team, it FINALLY has it going in the right direction. Bell can stay away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If Bell’s plan had originally been to rejoin the team next week, Conner’s emergence made that difficult, if not impossible for him to do in his quest for maximum dollars. How would it look for him to rejoin the team and be outplayed by a second year player?

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    They said on NFL Network that if the team gives Bell another tag next season that it would be equal to a QB tag and that would cost about $25 million. There was some debate whether the next one would be the 2nd tag or 3rd tag if he doesn't show up this year at all. Didn't seem like they knew for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If there was any chance of Bell coming back, it probably went out the window along with Dez achilles. Thats all he had to see to keep him from playing, he's missed just as much time as Dez has and he was apparently working out hard staying in shape. It's not the same as football shape though.

Here's another link on Bell not playing this year. Nothing from Bells lips though.

https://triblive.com/sports/steeler...-will-not-rejoin-steelers-by-tuesday-deadline

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    They can tag him but a third straight franchise tag would mean he’ll be getting around 25 million next year if he doesn’t play this season.That’s not happening.To answer your question, no he will not make the same amount he would of this year as he would get around a 11 million dollars more.

9. Frost33

Sep 28, 2014
    Interesting, I would think if he refuses to sign then he never really accepted the 2nd tag. I could have sworn I read or heard earlier this year that if he didn't sign, the tag number would remain the same if the Steelers want to offer it again.

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    True but the whole transition tag scenario that apparently his agent didn't know about happened when he was in Pittsburgh.

11. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    As a Steeler fan, can we really trust $$$Bell$$$?? Is he not a potential saboteur?? It's like you getting the better end of a bitter divorce, then having your bitter wife cooking you a special meal. Let's pray he never report...

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think this will end up in court if bell does not sign this yeat.

I have read 3 different 2019 tag amounts.
    8mil based on this years salary.(NFL)
    14.5mil based on his 2018 tag(steelers)
    25mil 3rd tag. (Agent)

Right now i think everyone is just guessing. Bell may be in court all next year still fighting this.

13. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Nope. Here are the next couple threads available for pre-order.

"Le'Veon Bell did not show today, officially out 2018"

"Questionable tweets from L. Bell. Stoned?"

"James Conners stats vs Le'veons so far"

"Would Leveon have helped in our NE loss?"

"Do we franchise Bell out of spite?"

"Bell to the Patriots on 1 year deal"

"Remember Le'veon Bell?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'ts started again ex NFL players back on the Bell band wagon led by Steve( loudmouth ) Smith.. Just a few weeks ago it seemed like explayers were against Bell for the way he was handeling the situation ..:facepalm:

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Someone is fronting him money. Plus he has that lucrative rap career going for him :lolol:

16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Why? Hold the cap hostage again? We still will get the 3rd round compensatory pick that is so coveted. Then they can extend Ben and others who's contracts are up. Plus if they chose to keep Dupree it's 9 large for the 5th year option. Then go after a couple of Steeler type free agents. And what if Shazier is ready to make a come back? They will have to sign him as well as he is not under contract for next season.

I want the drama to end. Let him go. The door is waiting for his @ss...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That's an expensive backup. Pocket the money for the D. We don't need this bum.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Looking forward to Wednesday knowing we won't have to talk about that soiled rag. He has done nothing, will do nothing and never will do nothing for this team. He can go do what he does and we can stop talking about him.

Steelers are as tight a team as I've seen since the 2005 Steelers team. Keep the chemistry and good play going and Conner is more lethal in the red zone than Bell and runs the ball better. Steelers gained by getting rid of the last of the dope heads.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Any news on Conner. Checked twitter and there is no talk of his injury. Assuming its concussion related

21. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No news. My guess is he got rocked a little but nothing major and Tomlin kept him out for precautionary reasons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Give his money to Hilton, Conner and the rest across the Oline.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Most likely Bell secretly found an ace in the hole to continue his journey in the NFL $$$$$$ stay tune!!

24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  25. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012