1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell says Bengals were out to intentionally hurt him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dean, May 24, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I was gonna say.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He kept getting called for holding and illegal procedure.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Bell is nieve to think all players are class acts,
    there are a lot of bush league players out there that don't care
    if they terminate your employment. Oh please shut up, and let your actions
    on the field do your talking.

4. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I was at a picnic yesterday and of course football became the topic. Different guys being fans of different teams. But the one thing I got from all of them is that the all referred to Bell as " injury prone". That is his perception to fans. I dont look at him that way; I've looked at it as bad luck the last two years but maybe I have black & gold glasses on. In any case, I think that at some point in next years draft, we need to take another running back. We cant be too reliant on one guy when we've seen ( because of injuries) much of the league going effectively with two backs to disperse that work load. D-Will is 33 years old and could go off a cliff any day now; just like most 30 plus running backs do.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They were and they did. Bell, Brown,and Ben

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pouncey fits into this train of thought as well?

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Normally I think class players shut up and speak with their actions on the field. In this case, I make an exception. There is going to be soooo much trash talk leading up to both Bengals games, they may as well start shoving it in now.

8. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016

I agree with all that. We all love what Lev Bell can do on the field and we want him to be the Marshall Faulk like Steelers legend, first ballot hof kind of player. So when you bring up drafting more runningbacks some fans dont like that because they dont believe you should limit that kind of potential gamebreaking by dividing up snaps. But on the other hand "next man up" cant be some nobody after D Will is gone.

9. muthjv

muthjv Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2012
    who cares what that POS has to say?
    go beat some more women, tough guy

• Like Like x 1
  10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Only fantasy fanboys say crap like that. It's obvious they don't actually watch the games or they would know that Bell's injuries were actually due to heavy impact on his knees. It's not like he's just always dealing with nagging injuries. He gets genuinely injured. There's a difference between getting injured and being injury prone.

11. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
  12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You know that whole lemmings following the heard and committing suicide thing is a myth created by Disney right?

Actually it's pretty cruel what they did. Filmed these little guys on a treadmill running then shoved 1000's of them off a cliff into the ocean for a documentary.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/lemming-suicide-is-a-myth-that-was-perpetuated-by-disne-1549040246

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=wildlifenews.view_article&articles_id=56

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I actually did know that Disney had done that. The lemmings thing has definitely been around for a long time. There's actually a classic Scrooge McDuck story that deals with the lemming myth as well.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Dang, I was hoping to bust your chops a little since I know you like Disney. Lol

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yep and specifically Carl Barks' Scrooge McDuck stories and there's a famous story where he uses the whole Lemming thing to help lead Uncle Scrooge to water. Walt Disney is absolutely one of my favorite people to ever live but still not totally above reproach to me. Although I believe deeply that he would not be totally on board with a lot of what Disney has become. He believed in genuine art. A lot of these nature films and things were more just a way to keep the studio open during the war years. A ton of his artists went to fight and this was a way to keep money coming in for his other projects. By the time of the lemming thing though he was so obsessed with creating Disneyland that he had pretty much phoned it in on all the other things his studio was doing. There's actually some really cool old Disney toons from the war years that were pro American propaganda where Donald makes fun of nazis. They are really cool actually. Walt was a true patriot and should be celebrated. Bob Iger, the current Disney CEO however, is not.