1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

bell released

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by francobettis, Oct 13, 2020.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Totally different situations...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He is done being a good running back. I wouldn't take him for no money. His 3.2 running average shows he is done. He never ran more than 30 yards and had no speed.

Maybe now Bell and AB can do workout video's together.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's the way it looks but it's hard to say when a guy lives in the dumpster fire called the Jets.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yea but he was like that his last year here also. Then took a year off, Then went to dumpster fire, he has been going downhill for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not the 2020 version of bell.. lol. If this was 2014, sure.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Something makes me think Lev and his agent aren't very good at math.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Young Michael Vick ran like Barry Sanders. He's the only one I've seen come close to Sanders.

8. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    You have a guitar as your avatar, and you could not make this rap into a video? Step up your game, man. :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So you would play your roster short, just like Tomlin. (double pun intended)

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He also made some amazing 4th and forever passes in a game against the Steelers that still irks me. Memory a little fuzzy but it was a game that ended in a tie with Atl. The 4th quarter was insane. I think he had 3 or 4 4th down conversions. All we had to do was stop one of them and we would have won the game.

11. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess there's always
    [​IMG]

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Reading comments here and different places is quite amusing. Some stated since the Jets are paying him we can get him for cheap, does not (necessarily) work that way. Heck the Steelers paid AB, the the Raiders paid him, and it still cost (at least contract wise) the Pats a bundle to sign him the same year. Others have said could contribute, 3rd down etc. Bell is not going to be content as a p/t player, even with the history do you really want the drama this would likely create? Even if he was an upgrade (very speculative at this point), the disharmony he might bring to the locker room negates any value he might bring on the field.

13. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Cute. No, I would play my roster with a guy who wants to play over a guy who doesn't.

14. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Bell in his prime reminded me of Sanders in that he had insane patience and agility. I feel like Sanders had more speed which allowed him to do what he did no matter who was blocking for him. After Bell's knee injury I think he lost a little speed. IMO Bell and his agent walked away from a HOF career in Pittsburgh and it was obvious to everyone. No one but Bell and his agent know the facts behind the scenes but it is the agents job to protect Bell from making such horrible mistakes w/ his career. it's sad really. Bell was not a bad guy like AB was but both cost them selves an insane amount of $ and a place in the HOF.

I think people forget just how good of a 3rd down back Bell was. That's where he could help this team. His ability to catch the ball and get the 1st down was 2nd to none. He would even now be an upgrade to Connor, Snell, & McFarland as a 3rd down back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell was a great regular season back. But in the playoffs, he would disappear. The only playoff game I remember him being really good was the one vs. Chiefs after 2016 season. Steelers still never got it into the end zone, even with Bell. Boswell scored all the points in that game. Just about all of the playoff games during his tenure... Bell was either on IR or a non-factor.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Leveon was spitting on this track tho...

His name is Glenn,
    His post give me REM,
    He's like that phlegm,
    In the back of your throat,
    He can't take a joke,
    He'll disagree with your post

[​IMG]

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Bell for $1mill or less?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He had 167 yards vs the dolphins in 2016, and 150 total yards and 2 TDs vs Jacksonville in 2017.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Uh, dang. Was hoping this was a thread about a new Taco Bell product.

20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If he was willing to sign a team friendly contract. I would bring him inand ditch Samuels in a heart beat.

Is Bell capable of being a top 10 rb still? I don't know. I called every step of this correctly on this board from the day he said he was sitting out, to the Jets, to being cut.. but I did think he would make it the full 2 years..... and I do think he would be welcomed by the team back.. but on a short leash.

Can he be top 10? Idk... can he be a better back than Jaylen Samuels? Without a doubt... Can he be at least as good a teammate? That's really the unknown.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    With the Jets Bell never had 100 yards rushing in a game, or a 20 yard gain :shrug:.

22. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We lost to Jacksonville. Badly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They lost by 3 points :facepalm:

24. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Please. Are you serious? That joke of a game was lopsided with Jax dominating throughout. Steelers were in desperation mode the entire game. If it weren't for some miraculous plays by Martavis Bryant and Ben... it would have been a total blowout.

Cowher still holds the biggest Steelers choke title of all time against the '94 Chargers.

But Tomlin has the dishonor of losing to Tebow and Bortles. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You said they lost badly, great players made great plays to stay in the game.