1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell now wants 17 per year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Aug 30, 2017.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Once he gets his ring this year with a chance to repeat he will be rapping a different tune:dancing::herewego!:

2. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    I know I'm in the minority here, and alot of you have your own opinions, but man the money some of these athletes make is crazy!!!! Can't the NFL come up with a pay scale/formula for the most a player can make in a giving season based on his production "pay for play". I realize theres conditions within a players contract, but it seems like the more one player at his position makes the next guy up whos due a contract renewal wants to exceed, that amount "well so and so got paid this amount and I want more" and the teams pay it because they wan't to win of course. I love my Steelers and Football, but there's alot of greed in professional sports. Just saying!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As long as owners continue to hand out massive contracts and fans are willing to pay the high price of tickets and concessions, it will continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Am I the only one who couldn't care less about these kinds of shenanigans? Let them have their fun and act goofy I'll just keep ignoring it because personally I doubt I'd want to hang out with him or some of the others we have now. I'm a 50 yr old dude who just ain't jiggy with dat...I don't even know how to finish it.

What I do care about is what they do on the field and if they are an asset or a detriment to the team. We'll find out Sunday if he's hurt himself and the team by not showing up for practice. If it has hurt I'll be drinking the hateraide and if not then...meh.

This isn't the first time a Steeler has held out and it sure won't be the last.

5. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

Alot of this stuff is propelled on by their greedy agents who are their closes adviser so they can get their cut.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Elliot last year
    Hunt this year
    Barkley next year

Bell should've taken what he was offered. Most RBs don't stick around too long and the next man up has fresh legs

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bell hasnt missed his window yet. He'll have a typical Bell season and get paid by the Steelers (tag) or let go and paid by another team.

If he goes through another season under the tag though, he might miss his window. He'll be turning 28 then. If hes smart, he'll work out a deal next season. If he stays unreasonable, he'll likely shoot himself in the foot.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah he'll up it to 20 mil per hahahahahahaha

9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Like Steel city said... Nothing's changing til the revenue drops. It sucks when an owner with a hard on for a certain player drives the market through the roof ala the raiders quite a few times, but it ain't going away until the fans demand better? Or something like that. A lot of folks argue the fans are minimal because of the networks doling out cash. But in honestly, if peeps don't tune in the cash cows will go elsewhere which will lead to change.

NFL is on a viewership skid the last few years if the trend keeps up and gains more momentum we'll see some blow back with the asinine dollar amounts I think. Maybe not, but it's a trickle up effect. More millennials are yanking kids from contact sports, more reports are coming in that it's a guaranteed slow violent death to strap on the helmet, and more and more athletes are catching on and calling it a career sooner than later. It'll be interesting these next 5-10 years.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just wait till the current CBA expires, and you think the players are greedy now??????

I look for a strike, it is a shame that they will ruin this great game

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    until we stop paying, they will keep receiving.:shrug::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This pretty much sums up my view as well, Sojourner.