1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell now wants 17 per year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Aug 30, 2017.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He can rap all he wants, I don't see him getting 17 from any team. Some bad team may offer more than the Steelers, he would be making a bad career move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think this is the last year with him here. He is clearly delusional. If he goes anywhere else I think everyone knows he will not put up the same numbers. Nobody will pay him $15 mil/year IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Really? He'd put up better numbers in NE and Atlanta and be very successful with a half dozen more teams too.

4. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    He and his teammates were just fooling around, I don't make much of it. We will franchise tag him this year and next year, then based on his performance they will make a decision on what to do. IMO, we need to keep him around for AT LEAST the Super Bowl window (hopefully a lot longer). I just hope he comes to his senses, because I really like him and he's the best in the league. Just need to get his head on straight.

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He's the best in the league but I'm really starting NOT to like him. Not liking him won't keep me from rooting for him if he wears the B&G.

I wonder what Lambert, MJG, Franco and some of the old school Steeler players would have thought about Bell and his shenanigans.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    Lambert and Mean Joe would've been beating on his door after the first missed practice. Times have changed.

7. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    They have...and not necessarily for the better. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    Players use to have offseason jobs, imagine some players in the league now having to do that. LOL.

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    They also seemed to have more of an appreciation for the game they had the privilege of playing. It seemed to be more about team and less about the individual. Don't get me wrong, I think the players should be paid according to their individual contributions, but $12MM per season, $4MM higher than the next highest paid RB, seemed like a fair offer and was reportedly accepted by Bell's agent before Mr. Rap-man put the skids on it. He's coming across as a selfish, greedy, narcissistic idiot. Maybe that's the look he's going for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelcurtainmrp

Nov 15, 2016
    I agree that he is being greedy. He is being paid as the best RB in the league and deservedly so, but he wants that plus being our number 2 receiver, which isn't the case anymore now that Martavis Bryant is back. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt when he said that his agent didn't agree to it either. Oh well, I'm just happy he'll be back the 1st of September and we won't have to hear about this until next off season. All I have to say is, he better have the best year of his career and back up his talk with this 17 mil a year non sense. He needs to make a BIGGER point for himself.

Now lets focus on getting number 7 this year before our number 7 hangs em up. :herewego:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What I am starting to get from him is he is not a true Lover of the game . He might not have the desire to push through injury ? I think the reason he keeps pushing for huge money is he doesn't plan on playing very long.

I would trade him now while he still has value , the more crazy talk he does the less value,another injury the less value .

I would take 2 second round picks for him at this point . If Ben retires our 2nd. and 2 more would move up in round 1 fairly well. I would rather be in that position than dealing with his selfishness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing because there was no free agency back then so none of this would be going on.

Dont live in the past, not healthy :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't live in the past but I think some of today's players could take a lesson from some of the players of the past when it comes to selflessness, being a team player and not making it all about you as an individual. I get kind of tired of what we see going on in today's NFL with the me, me, me attitudes of some of these players. I think many of them are protesting against something that they can't even clearly define or articulate.

But I digress. Bell will be back and I'm sure I'll root for his success because his success contributes to the overall team's success. He's been suspended twice now for violations of the league's SA policy and has missed time due to injury at the most crucial junctures of the season. I was just hoping he'd have a little more humility than he's shown to this point.

14. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    What would Terry Bradshaw think? His rookie contract was around $23,000, and his near peak earnings in 1981 were around $470k. Jack Ham topped out around low 200k's. Spoiled attitude by LB.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If there was FA back then, Steelers are probably never a dynasty. We like to attribute great moral characteristics to or heroes but in reality, a lot of those guys would have chased the money just like players today chase the money.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    You may be right but I think a good foundation for any person, let alone athlete, is selflessness and humility. It's possible to maintain those while you're "chasing the money". All of this self-centered posturing via his rap lyrics is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth and I think a lot of other people feel the same way. Will that stop me from rooting for him while he's toting the rock for the Steelers? Of course not. But I've got news fir him, he ain't getting 17 mil or 15 mil from the Steelers. If those are his expectations he can forget it and just get ready to test the market in 2019.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    One year removed from a suspension and he turns down an offer that makes him the highest paid RB by a wide margin. Now rapping about needing 17? Joking or not, this guy's a joke.

Love watching him play, but the immaturity level astounds me. Let's see if his pride and desire to be respected allows him to show up on his self-appointed 9/1 deadline or if he thinks better of it and sits out longer.

Applying for Dairy Queen. What a conceited d-bag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Agreed. He is starting to piss me off. Get your ass where its supposed to be and play some football.

19. sleehrat

sleehrat Active Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Hope the kid grows up soon.

20. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    True.. Like he is hiding groin, hammy, ligament weaknesses... Get the cash now..

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They are big kids. I vaguely remember being that age.

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He wants 17 mil? Is that what he rapped? I get all my updates on what he's thinking as soon as he raps.

23. SteelZone

SteelZone New Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Ive been a Steelers fan my whole life and I can't remember any player except for Blount who has rubbed me the wrong way. I hope after they tag him this year that they play him till his is almost dead, he gets hurt big time in the last game and then the Steelers cut the ass hat. I refuse to root for this kid this year.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    k.hunt must be worth 18 mil. now.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, or maybe it puts Bell back down to the rookie minimum. :roflmao: