1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell is killing the PA passing game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Sep 18, 2017.

1. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Maybe it's just week 2....

Yes, we get it. If you were an OC or HC you would do really stupid things, like make DHB a safety and take Bell off the field in favor of Conner because of your piss poor understanding of our offense.

yea... brilliant. This team goes as Ben goes... so "damning" him is next level stupid.

We've run less PA than any other team in the league over the last few years, and Brown and Bell have put up record breaking seasons. So... again, you're being stupid.

We are 2-0, and Ben's record in his last 11 games including the playoffs is 10-1
    Who the **** cares about yards?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

You keep saying over and over about play action, but what really makes me shake my head and I have said it before is the fact that you act like the defense is not worrying about Bell. The fact that he has been shut down proves that wrong and instead of taking out one of our best weapons if not our best weapon in favor of a rookie in nuts.

Sorry this love affair you have for Connor is great, he is a great story and I hope he turns into a good RB. However let's not forget he is a rookie who hasn't proven anything except one carry for nine yards. If you think the defense is gonna game plan to stop Connor than I want whatever you on...oh crap make it two!!!!!! I have a strong feeling after Bell goes off this week this thread will come to an end then you can start one about how Bell is not a team player and we are better off with Connor next year.........:facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly.

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope Bell goes off this week as we all do . I would love to move on to a new topic . But what if he doesn't go off again ? At what point do we think about mixing things up some ?

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

6. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A bit late for me I would be doing the mixing now if not now then by week 7 or so the O can start to adapt and jell .I don't want too many eggs in the Bell basket we have other talent we can use . The more the players get in game reps the better they will be.The more the OC/Ben can adapt then the better chances we have to complete the goal..

I still think Bell is way off and PA is needed to get the O to reach potential. I also still believe the style of runner he is hurts the PA game . I am sure Ben hurts it some to as has been pointed out . I just want this High Powered O to live out the hype . From what I can see is more PA= Domination . We have the talent just getting the results is what's needed now.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After watching the coaches film for both games a couple of times, I feel very comfortable saying that Bell made strides between weeks 1 and 2. Was he the Bell of last year in week 2? No. Not yet. The trend is in the right direction though.

Make no mistake, when the weather gets iffy later in the year, he will be our best option to keep the chains moving (barring another injury). I have no doubt that he'll be logging 30+ touches, and piling up Pro Bowl votes as fast as any back in the league.

The only reason that I would want to spell him with Conner for a fair number of snaps this season is to keep him fresh for the long haul.

8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bell is still in his prime. I just don't understand how anyone can consider taking one of the best all around backs in the league off the field for a rookie. Bell missed all of camp and preseason. Your quote, "the more the players get game reps the better they will be." should be applicable to Bell too. The offense will find ways to adjust when necessary.