1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell: I'll be the bad guy.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone pining for his return can just forget it.

After Earl Thomas broke his leg, he said, I'll continue to be the bad guy for all of us.

This effing nitwit, holy crap. I'm just amazed he didn't hold out after his first game in the NFL. I mean, maybe he wasn't aware that players get hurt in the NFL then.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com...32_instagram-e1538400686515.jpg?w=1000&h=1513

Whatever happens this season, it will be without Bell. He's sitting out the whole year I bet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He wont sit out the whole yr. That would hinder his free agency.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I say there is no way he shows up week 10. He has to report now or he won't at all and thats not happening after that comment.

There is zero chance the Steelers will tag him again, they'll let him go and collect their 3rd rd comp.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think you're right. When he didn't show up week 1 then the pics of him surfaced looking like he was wearing a fat suit, I figured there's no way he plans on getting into game shape this season. If he does show up before the deadline, it will be to meet the FA demands, not with the intention of playing football. (Although I don't know the legistics of that scenario going forward.)

5. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    He wont sit after wk 10 bc of free agency. Steelers would tag him for the same current tag price and would have leverage to trade him before the draft.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    At this point, I feel we should just give him what he wants and release him... it is just a dark cloud over this team...

Karma will catch up to him... trust me.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats not how that works. They'll be back in the same boat and they won't do that again.

He'll be a FA as long as they don't tag him. Then they'll collect their 3rd rd comp pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    Ok thats sounds good.
    Yeh that nightmare wouldnt be worth the risk of trying to get more value or to rescind for nothing.

9. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Who cares about Bell, this team needs a hell of a lot more than this guy. Unless they can sign him to cover TE's , he isn't worth a dime.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just when I thought Bell couldn’t say anything dumber he comes out and surprises me.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The hate on here towards him is crazy . This is a business decision. Bell is not under contract . He has chosen not to play for a 1 year deal and after seeing what happened to Earl Thomas, I don't really blame him .Bell gets 1 shot at a long term deal. If he blows out his ACL or achilles, then he will lose tens of millions.

I think he should have taken the Steelers offer and am not so sure he's going to come out ahead in the end, but to be fair to him, he's at least as good as Gurley but was offered less.

The hatred just blows my mind. It's a business decision, it's not like he didn't give it his all every time he stepped on the field .He lead the league in yards for like the last 4 years .I would say he deserves to be paid at least close to what top WR's get.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I hope he blows his knee out any day

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Bell: " I'll be the bad guy " ...He should feel quite comfortable wearing that hat...He's been a " bad " guy for quite a while now

15. blake duerden

Aug 6, 2017
    Has Bell played 4 yrs ?? He is a bad guy lol

16. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Every Steeler fan measures a Steelers player/team by Super Bowls. He would have still gotten millions and been set for life. That’s how most here see it-business decision or not.

So it’s not actually crazy, it’s just perspective from a majority of Steelers fans that wanted to see a talented player strap it up every Sunday-still earning millions of dollars.

17. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Fans are some times selfish. When players become selfish for business reasons fans turn on players. Fans will label player as not team guys, say players are bad guys, insult player's intelligence, wish injury on players, ect ect ect.

18. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Knowing what a football “fanatic” is, and a Steelers one at that, how do you not understand where the hate lies then?

19. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I still say he can't pass a piss test. 2 + 2 ain't equaling 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Every player in their walk year is faced with the same situation. Show up and do your God damn job.

And he was offered a very fair contract, if reports are accurate. This isnt a business decision, its an over inflated sense of self worth and extraordinary greed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I never said I don't understand it. It's unnecessary hate. At the end of the day it's Bell's business. It's all about understanding. I understand Bell's stance. It's one thing to believe Bell is making a mistake. Fans are saying all kinds of negative things about Bell which are probably not true. Wishing injury on him ect ect ect. Who is anyone to demean an individual for doing what that individual feels is in his best interest? Especially when we all see players getting all kinds of money thrown their way.

Reaching an understanding is key when dealing with many situations and individuals in life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    If players are greedy then what are the owners?

• Like Like x 1
  23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Very few players are ever tagged, so no, not every player is faced with the same situation. A player in the last year of their contract isn't in the same situation because they are still under contract. Bell is not under contract. He's not obligated in any way to show up and play if he doesn't like the terms of the contract. The Steelers may own his rights, but his job is not to show up for the Steelers and play until such time as he signs the tender.

It's absolutely business. Is it also greed? Perhaps, but who in their right mind wouldn't prefer $80 million to $50 million (just an example)? Bell has lead the league in yards for numerous years, so he's betting on himself by holding out. He needs to get to the off season healthy and he's expecting to get a huge offer from someone. If he's right and he gets such an offer, his hold out was a smart move. If he doesn't get it, it wasn't a smart move. That's really all it boils down to.

Let me ask you this, if you were arguably the best in the world at your position and you were faced with the same decision, would you sit out knowing you'd get much more money in the long run, or would you show up and throw away tens of millions? Remember, that's Bell's reality, so it doesn't matter if it actually comes true or not. He obviously believes he'll make far more money by sitting out.

24. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    People continue to forget that a new CBA is looming in the next 2 years. There will probably be a hold out. There may not be any football for an entire season.

Many players that take less money for the sake of the organization probably regret it later down the road. Especially when one considers what players really make after paying taxes, agent fees, ect.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It is the same, a player in his walk year could get hurt, severely damaging his worth, especially coming off a rookie contract where they haven't cashed in yet and playing for that big contract.

You're asking the wrong person that question. I'm not about money. Id have absolutely taken the Steelers 70 million offer. Which by the way, was far and above the next highest paid RB at the time. Gurly hadn't cashed in yet.