1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

bell hurt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Jul 27, 2014.

1. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    No point. He's not going to be back there picking up blitzes, and if for some reason he is, he'll cut block, which they don't do in backs on 'backers. And I support leaving him out of it. No reason to get yourself killed by being macho.

I want to see Blount vs. Timmons. Also Blount vs. Jones. Also Blount vs. Worilds. Also Blount vs. Shazier.

2. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Maybe we should have had Rainey do it. It might have knocked some sense into him.

3. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    .. well he missed today again with "tightness" and said it was bothing him for a few days before he went out sunday ... so no pactice tomorrow.. lets see if he comes back wednesday or its still tight.. if he misses practice wednesday and then still not back thursday ...that seems like a good damn to bring back the tinkerbell thursday talk? so how about thursday ??

HINES

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    they need to start stretching now for tomorrows practice. I can't wait to see that big swinging heavy bag against dri. he'll probably juke it and run around it before the coach sees what happened.

coach: did you juke the bag dri?:stogie:

dri: nope.:innocent:

:cool:

5. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Bad news, buddy. We're not talking about Tauren Poole. Le'Veon Bell is not an unknown quantity anymore like he was last year. He's a success, despite your disbelief. Know what that means? It means if he feels tightness in his hamstring, he'd be a damn fool to run out there and practice on it, and risk an actual injury. If Ben had stiffness in his shoulder, would you call him a pussy for not practicing? We keep our stars healthy, first and foremost. This isn't a game, it's a practice in July for god's sake. You need to drop this gimmick. The sooner you do, the sooner you can begin to build a reputation for something other than a laughing stock that wants this team to lose.

6. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    thanks buddy for pointing that out and to compare what ben has done for this team to bell is... well something probably only you would do .. not worth responding to that comparison. talk about a laughing stock .. comparing ben and bells history with the steelers is truly laughable .. if you get them too confused ben is the larger one that is wearing 2 SB rings.. lol

HINES

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Kudos to you for missing the point. Not comparing Ben and Bell, he is comparing rookie unknown with entrenched starter. He is saying that if your starting Qb and an important cog of your offense has a sore shoulder the first week of camp you don't ask him to over do it, same as when you have your three down starting RB with a tight hamstring the first week of camp you odn't ask him to play like it is the fourth quarter of the AFC championship game and you are down by three. Perhaps a better comparison that fits is if you are Landry Jones and you are fighting for the back-up role you don't have the luxury of sitting out a day or two , if you are Bell and you are penciled in as the starter opening day you don't have to prove who you are in the first few practices of camp.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  9. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    exactly... well said.. only the names were changed to protect the innocent ..

HINES

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So what it's July why risk it. I guess you would rather still have Mendenhall be the Steelers RB.

11. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    He's also missing the definition of compare. Here, I'll also compare myself to Ben: Ben is much, much better at football than me. Now was that so ridiculous? You know who says, "omg, you put Ben and Bell in the same sentence and so anything else you say is wrong..."? Wrong people. That's who says that. Why don't you try reading my post again?

I'll try to make it easier. Bell is our starting running back and he means a lot to this team. I know Ben means more, but that doesn't mean Bell is worthless. There can be different amounts of value. Let's pretend I have 4 dollars and you have 2 dollars. I have more dollars, but does that mean you have no dollars? No, in fact 2 dollars is good, so you should be happy. So don't flush your 2 dollars down the toilet because somebody called you Tinker Bell. By the way, Tinker Bell isn't a bad nickname. Imagine if he could instantly heal himself because other guys on the team started clapping. That would be pretty badass, and it would make him the most durable back in the league. So throw that on the pile of reasons you need to shut up.

12. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    another tuff guy on the internet.. lol

HINES

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell said he was being cautious, he doesn't want to be like last season when he got injured in the preseason and had to miss the first three games.

14. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    TOTALLY AGREE.. thats the smart thing to do .. all i said is i hope it doesnt linger all year or for years (ie woodley) ... but of course some of the members took it that i was being negative.. but i just consider the source there.. of course holding him out is the thing to do ... godd thing is we get a beter lok at the other RBs with bell out . we know hes our starter.. lets look at the other guys .. but nice to have him in there with the "NEW OL" and munch ...

HINES

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hines you slay me, you absolutely with out a doubt slay me.:bowdown:

Hines " I will nickname a guy tinkerbell because I think he is soft and injury prone, imply that he isn't that good and basically harp on the guy, but that doesn't mean I'm being negative. I'm so misunderstood in my time and picked on because I speak the truth. Woe is me I don't drink the kool-aid and am punished for it."

You make me smile sir well done.

16. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He's warming up with the running backs, but he's not in pads.

18. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Well that's a start at least

19. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    i can answer that one in one word... NO .... i guess the hammie is still as some of the members here like to call it .. tight...

HINES

20. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No way he sucks more than bell does

21. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    LOL. People are just using the terminology that the Steelers head coach and staff are using. What do you have against this kid? :scratch:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :facepalm:

23. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    got nothing against him.. hope hes a HOFer.. jsut seems like his out a lot.... and to start the post all i said is i hope it doesnt linger into the season.. a hammie is a strange thing.. funny i played sports all my life and i hurt my hammie one.. guess how. bowling.. yep .. played BB BSKB FB.. never so much as a sprained ankle then hurt my hammie bowling hahah.. it was just a tweek but toook a long time to get back to 100% .. tahts all i said initially is he hurt his hammie and hope it doesnt linger for the rest of the year or for 4 years like 56....

HINES

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Somehow, when YOU say "hope it doesn't linger forever", it sounds different then when someone else says it. I guess that's our fault. By the way, he has missed a total of three games, with a total of one injury.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yep. Hurt a lot !