1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell has “confidence” he will sign ...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Jun 26, 2018.

1. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Not Sally struthers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yep probably so

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    how do you feel about us signing him? Statistically he is on pace to be among the greatest there is, and I believe he is the best at scrimmage yards a game?

Do you feel he will hamstring this team? Even then, having the money can this team even make the defense competitive?

I don't think he is worth 14 million, but Steelers know more than I do so I will just accept whatever happens lol.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't understand the hatred Bell gets. It's a business and both sides are treating it as such. At no point is Bell ever a distraction or a problem on the field. He is arguably the best RB in the league and helps us tremendously. Why not hope he signs a long term deal rather than hope he leaves in free agency?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    It's probably because in a perfect world, all players take a discount to make the team better as a whole. When a player wants so much money no matter how good they are, they are seen as selfish and looking out for themselves instead of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the hatred is really a small minority. Me, I think it’s just business. But where does the negativity come from? Most of that comes from his negativity in social media and stupidity in rap songs. If he handled this like a business professional, this would mostly be a non story.

He brought it on himself.

If the Steelers want him, then I want him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    For the record, I don't hate Bell. He gets all sorts of accolades from sports media and Steelers fans, but hasn't won anything. He doesn't really take over games like Jerome Bettis used to... or Marcus Allen or Priest Holmes, Terrell Davis, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, etc. I think he's overrated and not worth the money he's asking for.

Steelers could have used that money on the defensive side of the ball... particularly Linebacker position, ILB and OLB.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think, for me anyway, the problem is that I just don't see the value there. I would be a fool to say that Bell isn't a game changer. But, he's also not worth 14m+ like he wants. That's just not feasible if the team wants to be competitive. You have to spread the money around. And, whether Bell likes it or not, there are other people that are more integral to the team, and as such will be paid first. I really wonder if AB was making say 8m a season if Bell would be more agreeable to a similar salary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    This.

Bell is overrated in the sense he has big ben, this O line, and arguably the 2nd best WR of all time to help him.

Give me bettis... or the GOAT Sanders who had no qb or line lol.

Again if Steelers sign him and he produces then I will shut up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rarely breaks a run over 15 yards... check
    Never won a rushing title.... check
    Disappears in playoff games... check
    Cares more about his social media accounts than the team... check
    All of this with one of the best o-lines in the NFL... check

:thumbsdown:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This is my biggest concern... Will he produce after he signs or will his training fall off after his payday? My fear (sorry for living in my fears) is he's gonna be more like woodley than brown.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I'm hoping we see more of Conner this year. If LBers stay patient long enough Bell ain't squat.

13. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017

If JC gets many carries he will get hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    "Obviously, the people in the organization try to do what's best for them, and I'm trying to do what's best for me. We're working on it. We're a lot closer than we were last year at this time. That's what I'm happy about. None of that matters if we don't get it done. Hopefully we'll try to get something done. That's what I'm looking forward to. I got confidence we'll get it done. I want to do it."

The latest comments from LB.

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    We be almost close to a deal I can almost feel, come at me bro I'm the highlight reel. You disrespect me and offer 13 mil? I'm the greatest running back in history, barry sanders is nil. don't you worry about my ypc, don't you see, I'm the greatest thing since chai tea. I dunno man I just needed to rhyme, you wont see me in practice its like I'm doing time... in the joint, out the joint, smoke a joint, whats the point, I got so much money I'm making it rain, Pittsburgh in a superbowl drought I can feel your pain. it's like why pay me when you can upgrade the other side? because I'm a multi once in a lifetime superstar, jk I lied.

-Bell's new rap

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    RBs start to decline after a while. Nothing says Bell will be different..one and done here. Take the comp lick and we move on. It's all going to change soon enough, these guys can't play at this level forever. Ben,AB, Bell, O-Line, cam, father time wins every time so use our future money wisely. :cool:

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    with another team at the end of this season...

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Obviously

- MT

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think this will be Bell's last year in the NFL .IMO he values himself way to high and his greed will leave him out in the cold . No Team will pay him what he thinks he is worth nothing to date shows he will play for a fair price .

20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My guess is he won’t get more than 8-9 million next year from another team.

Is he worth it? Sure. But teams play moneyball and can get RBs a whole lot cheaper, then invest the rest elsewhere.

Perhaps he will test the market next year and eventually sign with the Steelers. Or, like Kurt Cousins, he takes what he can get and then goes elsewhere for the payday. I expect the Vikings will wish they had the QBs on their roster thus year that they had last year.

21. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    If Bell thinks they are close to a deal perhaps he is starring at a long suspension. Because he must be high! No way he’s in Pittsburgh after this season.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Bell is good but...

3.9 ypc and 7.7 ypr, and no runs over 20 yards for 2 years, is not good

One toke away

His wait, wait, wait...Hesitate...Hit the hole hole is a very unique/ different style of running...A style that I don't know if another team would implement/ condone...Makes his great OL work even harder/Hold their blocks much longer than probably any other back, who sees a hole, and hits it

The above mentioned style also doesn't jive well with 3rd or 4th and short...Where you just put your head down and surge ahead...And this was proven more than a few times over the years

Surgery on both knees, and groin...TONS of carries already in his career, and had TONS of carries in college also...A RB only has so many

Already one of the slowest RB's in the league, the above mentioned doesn't bode well as he ages

Those are the negatives, and there are quite a few imo...Bell does have good points don't get me wrong

Very shifty and elusive

Great hands and pass catcher

Great blocker and blitz picker upper

Not only shifty in the open field, But as the Bungles know, He can run you over

So I guess overall point is this...Bell is not close to being a 17 million dollar a year back...Not even close...He has to many shortcomings...Not all things are just statistics driven

His numbers are heavily inflated because, in Tomlins own words " Run his wheels off " good overall numbers...but as stated, ypc and ypr are poor

No way he is even close, to being paid twice as much as the next back