1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell Drama

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerBark, Sep 1, 2017.

1. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Frankly, I'm 100% positive we are ALL done with the drama.

The sarcastic tweet sent to Colbert. The short video sent to Dupree. The crying Jordan meme from Ramon Foster.

Juice still has far too much immaturity. Yes, he's awesome and one of my favorite players, but the dude needs to grow a pair and man up. This childish antics, in my opinion, mean that this is his last year as a Steeler. At some point, the FO will have to figure out a way to ensure he just doesn't walk, and we're left with nothing.

Yes...he's an absolute beast. BUT look at the team he plays for. WHAT IF he played for the Jets? No freakin' way he posts the numbers he's posting now. Yes...amazing talent, BUT also a product of the system. The FO will NEVER give him the ridiculous amount of $$ he's rapping about.

Bell's last year as a Steeler. Mark it down.

Just venting...but I'm sure many of you feel the same way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

As I stated as soon as he signs I would try and trade him . Next year is the year of the QB similar to the year Ben was drafted . Might be as many as 5 1st. round QB'S next year . The heck with Bell I am ready to move on now.

Ben has plenty of other passing weapons and our depth at RB has showed they can run very well also .

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Just curious who the 5 first round QBs are. The guys drafted 1st round in the last draft were laughable. There were some major reaches for QBs in the last draft. Who do you have your eye on?

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have about 7 or 8 guys that I think could potentially go in round #1 at QB . I plan on getting that down to 4 or 5 by the end of the weekend . I will get back to you with my completed list after I finish watching these guys more .

One thing I can say for sure right now is this QB class does not have a arm strength issue . These guys have some cannons .

5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    PWP doesn't mess a round Cold man, just plain cold.

6. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Even before all this recent drama I always thought that if Bell left he would be a player I would still root for, just couldn't get right with the money from a TEAM perspective. Now I've changed my mind. Happy trails as far as I'm concerned. All this negativity and drama will hang over this team all year. Can't believe I bought his jersey.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What do you really suppose you get for Bell, IF you try to trade him next off season?

I say IF, because suppose he has a great year, plays all 16 games, 1500 yd rushing, 600 recieving, productive during the playoffs, I suspect the mood will shift from "trade him" to "sign him".

So if he is trade bait in April '18, it will be because he had a so-so or worse yr, was a problem child regarding his contract status and turned the fans and front office off. In that scenario, your trying to trade an oft injured guy, with a history of suspensions, who is an attitude problem and wants more $ than he's worth. Dunno, but I doubt your gonna get that franchise QB 1st round draft pick for him.

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

You forgot Bell filling out a Dairy Queen work application lol. The dude is gone nuts. Personally some of this I take offense too. Yeah maybe its just me and being hyper sensitive but wtf does that say to those people who actually have jobs like that. hard working folk. Is he making fun at their expense. I think if your a professional you act like one Bell does not ever act like a humble young man and proper if you ask me. Oh well such as the life of overpaid spoiled supreme athletes. Right AB?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad hes not in charge. Trying to win a championship this season and he wants to roll the dice on a crap shoot for a future QB.

Many 1st rd QBs are busts.

10. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

11. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Send his dumb ass packing, enough is enough. If it were up to me neither Bell or Bryant would be part of this franchise.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Plenty of other worthy names to choose from on this forum.

Some fans have nihilistic viewpoints; attempting to cover their repressed thoughts using the term 'realist' due to their pessimist views.

13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Nihilistic viewpoints..... too funny. Do you even know what it means? I think I'll start calling you Winchester from M.A.S.H. because you try to act like you are the smartest person on the board but in reality you are just arrogant and uninformed.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Wow. Glad it isn't up to you as we'd be without two superior talents.

Personally, I was more bothered by the allegations of domestic violence against James Harrison and rape against Ben than I am by anything Bell has done. Luckily for my ability to watch and enjoy NFL games, I long ago gave up rooting for players because I think they are nice people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bell is a kid who is butthurt that steelers don't think he's god, that and the fact we drafted a RB.

Got his jersey too lol

Ben
    Bettis
    Harrison
    Bell(maybe Conner will replace)