1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell Concerned the Steelers are Going to Use Him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Sep 14, 2018.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I understand the business side for him too. He is looking for security and his last big paycheck. We should start ignoring him as if he is done for the season and move on. He should just sit out the season and send everyone videos about how he is keeping in shape for next year.

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He has to sign the tag prior to week 11 in order to be eligible for free agency. Otherwise the Steelers could franchise him again for the same amount they did this year, which isn't going to happen.

3. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    I have lost all respect for Bell. This is the second year in a row (I think, correct me if wrong), that he has REFUSED to honor his CONTRACT. Personally, I would wait him out until he really, really, really wants to play and he signals he is ready to "join his team." Then I would drag it on and on and on. Perhaps then, during week 15, FIRE HIM for insubordination.

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And...There will be one

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is silly and we should all know it by now. It isn't about making ends meet. If Bell has any sense at all, which is a big if, he should be set for life either way. It's about pride. It's how the big-time pro athletes measure themselves, by their contracts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    " I want to be paid like the highest RB AND WR" "

also...

" I don't want them to use me to much "

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. BleedBlackAndGold

BleedBlackAndGold Member

Sep 7, 2018
    At this point Bell is not a Steeler. He has not signed a contract and is not on the roster or depth chart. He seems to be doing fine without working, without getting hit, and without getting paid, and the Steelers seem to be doing fine without Bell or his $800,000 / game salary. So really everyone and everything is fine. I find it hard to get worked up over Bell either way.

He'll sign his franchise tender and show up for game 11. At that point, if Conner has been doing fantastic, then Bell will ride the bench as his backup. Or if Conner has been doing badly, then Bell will become the starter. And frankly no matter what we all say now, we'll cheer him or jeer him based solely on how well he plays at that time and what he accomplishes for us at the end of this season.

Either way, he goes on to get his "big payday" with some other team next year.

8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    True no deal can be reached, but, if a team trades for him they will be giving up picks, possibly a #1 and know what the rap giant wants. And they would benefit that he would be suiting up this season.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He honored his contract last season, he just skipped training camp but was there for game 1.

10. Steelersfanfrombaltimore

Steelersfanfrombaltimore New Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Loved Bell from the start. My absolute favorite player...BEFORE. The Steelers don’t need this kind of negative energy to a self centered player. I’m so disappointed. He’s not out to help the Steelers reach another Super Bowl, he’s only out for himself. He lost 1.7 million dollars for missing the first 2 games of the season, I agree with 5859, let him forfeit 6.8 million dollars for the first 8 games and let him sit and watch the rest of his team win, or even struggle and lose without him. Whichever, I don’t want to see him back on the field for us anymore

11. Steelersfanfrombaltimore

Sep 16, 2018
    Greed is one of the seven deadly sins, Bell

12. Steelersfanfrombaltimore

Sep 16, 2018
    Rapping while watching his team lose. What a selfish fool

13. Steelersfanfrombaltimore

Sep 16, 2018
    He told his own teammates he would be back by game 1. HE LIED and wants to know why his teammates are talking about his contract negotiations?

14. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This team isnt close to a sb with this horrible defense its why they havent won 1 in the past few yrs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's not correct. Bell is not under contract. He fulfilled the terms of his contract before last year but the Steelers franchised him for last season. They then franchised him again this season. He has chosen not to sign the franchise tag, meaning he is not under contract. The Steelers own his rights, but he is not under contract and under no obligation to play.

There is less than a zero percent chance that a team would be willing to give up a 1st round pick for Bell, a guy they can't even negotiate with. Even if we tried to trade him, my guess is we couldn't get better than a 4th. The team would only have him from week 10 on, if that, and they would have no power to even negotiate a deal with him.

He was franchise last season but chose to sign it shortly before week 1. He has decided not to sign it so far this year. But this will be the second year in a row he's been franchised. We could tag him again next year, but it would cost far too much money based on the CBA so it's not going to happen.

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  17. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Bell reminds me of Ricky Williams. I wish he would have taken the year off and traveled to Europe.