1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell applying for work at Dairy Queen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 1, 2017.

1. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Alright, I'll dislike him as much as I want. Thanks for your permission. He is a complete ass and I don't like him. I hope he helps the Steelers win #7 this year but I have never liked asses and I'm not about to start now.

2. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

And that is because they are smart enough to realize that, given the ever diminishing window of opportunity to win it all, that would be the equivalent of cutting off their nose to spite their face. And faces without noses don't win as many awards as those with noses. Or Superbowls. Or something like that. You get the picture.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    If preseason doesn't matter, then how would you feel if none of the starters showed up for camp? Your statement about it being just business doesn't hold water because he signed for exactly what was on the table 2 months ago. He got nothing extra out of holding out other than alienating himself from a fanbase. He missed practicing with his mates and getting game ready and put himself above the team. Try doing that sh!t at your job and come back and tell us how that worked out for you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am REALLY beginning to think he is a JERK. You talk about an EGO. WOW.

I am staying with my prediction of him faking an injury thru out this season. Will miss at least 3-4 games.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why would he do that when he's auditioning for a big free agent contract next year? If he misses 3-4 games, all 32 teams will take into consideration that he failed to finish yet another season in valuing him. 16 games of production will pay him more for his next contract than another 12 game season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, you'd think Bell is going around driving over everyones grandmother here.

Some serious dislike for a guy who balls out like Bell does.

If he missed regular season games, Id get the anger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Actually he got to go to work a month later and still get paid the same amount. You better believe I would also show up to work a month later if I could still get paid the same (and still have a job).

Oh, and he didn't hold out. He had not yet signed his contract. He was unemployed but knew he had his employer holding a spot and contract for him. Good for him for getting what he could out of the little leverage he had.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the Steelers get the #1 seed it doesn't guarantee them a SB berth, New England has proven many times they can win in Pittsburgh.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he IS a Drama Queen so it would sorta make sense actually... I guess one good thing about all this will be if they hire him we'll know he passed his drug test.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He feels the Steelers owe him 15 million for this season.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    So he's going to hurt his own future earnings just to stick it to the Steelers?

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

He only misses playoff games. :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I get where your coming from and totally understand and I do agree with you and the rest of the guys here that are throwing all the hat. I also understand that this **** don't happen on a Steelers team.......well it use to never happen. Also drug suspensions and shootings at a bar and drunk driving and putting yourself where you don't belong with women never use to happen but you see over the years it has here. I don't like it but it is the way the world is changing, the Steelers use to be the Gold standard but so much has changed when it comes to the off the field stuff.

Do I want Bell to shut up and play hell yeah but it isn't gonna happen. Do I want the Steelers to cut ties with this guy after the season, hell no look what he does when he is on the field. I just feel all the hate on him is a little much. He was right up front with when he would be back and honestly I would rather him sit out and not risk injury than to have signed his tag and gotten hurt and we are on the hook for 12 mil and he would have played a meaningful. I am not saying I didn't want him signed but I get it. jmo

14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That's fine you go ahead and believe me I am not telling ya what to do or giving you permission. I get where your coming from but we are looking at this like fans and Bell is looking at this as a job. So let me ask you something as much as you don't like asses how do you feel when AB is pulling his crap after he scores, the flips and the goal post hangs? Is it ok cause he is playing for the Steelers or do you dislike that as well? I am not trying to be a wise guy just trying to get your feelings on this.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    IMO, preseason is about the rookies and the younger players, guys like AB and Bell really don't need it. They do need to get in there and get some practice under their belts, get the reps in and stuff but by this time in there careers it is nothing. Again I didn't want Bell to sit out but I get it, he has great talent and wants to be paid for it. Is he worth 15-17 mil **** not and if he gets it else where he will end up just like Wallace.

Also he didn't sign 2 months ago that is why he is holding out, I do agree that he did get nothing from holding out on the field but he did get something off the field. He told every other NFL just what he wants when he becomes a FA next year and now if there is a team stupid enough to throw 15-17 mil at him they now know they have a chance to get him and what it will take.

As far as try doing this at my job, well when I start making 12 mil a year I will let you know how that works out. You can't compare these athletes to regular people, they are a bunch of men getting paid to play a game we all love and getting paid for skills they have that most don't. I do get what your saying but this is apples to oranges, there are only 32 starting rb's, QB's, Head coaches etc in the world......

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Well said.......

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Don't care for it at all. Don't care who he plays for. It's foolish and too much look at me. I like it much better when the player just hands the ball to the ref. and shows some class. You can be excited without acting like a moron. JMO Lets just root for the Steelers and hope they can get #7. I'm 72 and just had a stroke 6 months ago so maybe I look at somethings differently than when I was 20 years younger, but it is what it is. I still want Bell to do well for the Steelers this year, I just don't like him as a person.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Tomlin said yesterday there would be consequences for Bell skipping off season team programs and camp, what he means by that who knows. I assume he thinks Bell is a selfish person who doesn't care about the team but only thinks of himself. Bell claims he was working out but did he do the proper soft tissue work outs, he could easily get a hammy or have a groin issue if he didn't, and tomlin may keep him out of the game Sunday if he thinks he isnt ready, but he is in tomlins dog house for now and how many team mates thinks he is a prima donna for thumbing his nose at them during camp, for me I don't think he is game ready just because he didn't get the practice reps and conditioning he needed to be ready for the regular season.................

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I hear ya and know what your saying.......and I agree with you. However our times the way we look at things are changing. It don't mean you and I have to like it but it is the way the world has become. As for you, hope you are healing up and are strong enough to enjoy another season of Steeler football. :cool:

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks. I'll make another season. I can't leave until the Steelers win #7 and the Pens three-peat.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Going off my fantasy football managerial experience through the years, RBs and WRs who hold out throughout the preseason tend to be more injury prone during the season. Hoping Bell bucks the trend, but given his injury history and heavy use, I'm not holding my breath.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    AB held out? I don't remember that. You probably got some of the fake news from Facebook?

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post of the year!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I don't know what all the fuss is about, I hear they have a great management program

25. Backer71

Backer71 New Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Does anybody else find it offensive that Bell is mocking workers who make less than 1percent of the salary he does not want?