1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell applying for work at Dairy Queen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Sep 1, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    He signed his tag and is back now just like he promised

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Thats all good!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let me ask this, listening to the radio yesterday the host says Bell comes in rushes for 150 yards and 3 TD's vs the Browas week one, all is forotten or forgiven. What does it take for you or are you over him because of these immature antics?

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I remember when most of us bashed Hines Ward for holding out.

Yes, If he produces, all will be forgotten.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He showed up but no confirmation he signed by him and his agent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Production on Sunday's, Monday's and Thursday's is why we care. All the other stuff is irrelevant in our lives. We aren't managing him or paying him. As far as I'm concerned, he needs to finish the season healthy and win it all. Then he can have his 17 million. That's how I'd put it to him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Aye, he needed the moooooney!

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And then I'd say...paid $1 per year for the next 17 million years!

• Like Like x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell needs to be healthy and ready to go on December 17th... likewise with AB, Pouncey, Ben, DeCastro, etc. We need Bell badly for that game because that may be the deciding game for the #1 seed in the AFC playoffs. Whoever gets the 1 seed, gets the Super Bowl berth. This isn't 2005... no seed below 1 will make it to the Super Bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

As I said before during the early stages that would lead up to the 2017 NFL Draft. Bell's days are numbered but of his own accord. He and he alone is to blame for his shortcomings.

What is more impressive is that, in spite of his narcissistic behavior, is that the team as a whole, organization and all, still hold little to no hard feelings for his past and current transgressions.

Other teams likely would have offered Bell in trade negotiations. Pittsburgh would not be one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Somewhere a DQ manager is crying...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I hear ya, and I'm sure it still applies. I said last year that this idea is probably playing a bit of a role in the retirement talk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Theres nothing to forgive. I think hes being immature and not doing his image any favors this week and his success is going to his head but I like Bell for what he does on the field.

Hes not a bad kid, its not like hes Burfict. I have no problem rooting for him. I prefer he stop with the antics

Not everyone can be Heath.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Does Bell remind anyone of Ricky Williams?

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm less forgiving than you are. A silent protest and signing/arriving late are one thing. The dramatic nonsense is the kind of thing that can cause a distraction. There's already enough drama in trying to compete for a title without a big-headed star grandstanding to put himself ahead of the team. I'm not ready to run him out of town - YET. However, I'm questioning the long-term fit given the injury and suspension history on top of the drama.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think it will continue into the season.

Game 1 I think it will be business as usual. If it does continue, than Ill be less forgiving.

18. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    F ck Bell. All the big games that we needed him he was too hurt to play. I would sign him to what he wanted then trade the low iq sob.
    Once more, another F' en season started with a bunch of drama. Just what we needed. What a bunch of BS!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    The way the calculation of salary cap responsibility works would prevent a sign and trade because we would eat any signing bonus dollars. It would need to be a trade to a team who has worked out a deal in principle with Bell, or a team that is willing to tag him again next year and deal with the drama.

20. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I'm pretty much over him. He's a great player but he's a moron. We have more examples of him making poor decisions than good ones.

He needs to dominate through an entire playoff and bring home the Lombardi Terrell Davis-style to win me over. Unfortunately it seems like he's too much of a "me" guy to really care about winning.

• Like Like x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Totally agree, what he is doing now(preseason) imo is all business. If he was to hold out and miss game time I would be singing a different tune. Besides how much do our stars really play in the preseason and do we really want to risk injury in the preseason..........NO! Some of his stuff during his hold out like you say need to go away but all in all I am all ready for the season.......Let's go Steelers!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Not to mention no and I mean no team in the league would take him if we signed him for what he wants.wed be stuck with a me first idiot that has not earned what he thinks he has plain and simple

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I really hope your joking cause I am sure he got hurt on purpose to miss games. There is no BS, he said he would be here September 1 and bam here he is. The only drama are the haters, this isn't the 70's anymore football is a business nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @fanforlife you can dislike all you want I don't like the way it has become but it is just the way it is now. However to say F Bell is wrong, his injuries are just that injuries you can't prevent them and to hold that against him is wrong.

25. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    He brought on any hating by being a dip****. I too like you, while arguing he's putting himself before the team can look past his not being here and doing like you said, showing up when he said he would. However his little BS social site clamoring, smoking the kindest of the kind and yes injuries (I'm positive h didn't hurt himself on purpose) has made fans weary and I'm sure the same weariness resides with his mates and the FO.

He has all the talent in the world that thus far has been ouchied away/bonged away/ and kiss my ass look at me awayed! He ain't worth the dough... No running back in league history has ever been better than the "team's" payroll... Well maybe Barry sanders, and I bet his opinion of this dip duck would give bell the ****s if he could handle it.

Hope he helps bring us 7 as we're stuck with him for the time being, outside of that.... Unless the dude finds some humbleness and humility, he's a damn embarrassment to himself and this team and fans are entitled to feel as such because in a world full of athletes that don't give a rip we do!

All I see is a highly talented big piece to the puzzle that's full of his own **** standing in the way and I hope he don't cause BS in the locker room cause outside of a couple bruhs pimping his story, they know what an ass he is. They saw it with Ben, they saw it with Wallace, they know what's up. The true boys see a man who changes his direction and works it out.

He can win everyone back but it's up to him, but as far as I'm concerned he's just another ass who will one day reflect on what he had and say damn!

Until then Bell, kick ass make your millions help bring the trophy home and good riddance. Don't think many of us could handle your The size of your arrogance should that play out.