1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell and Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Feb 3, 2017.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Le'veon Bell being a Steeler was all Tomlin. We see his greatness. He is a special talent.

But, now because of Tomlin's hiding of his groin injury it looks like the NFL hencemen led by that @ss goodell will investigate the matter. And Bell has come out and said in interviews he played through it in the Miami game as well as the KC game. Then wham, when we need him most, on the sidelines again.

He is the bread and butter back. But I feel that they might just want to look at giving him a few plays off, you know, utilizing another back instead of running his wheels off in which Tomlin has stated he would do. And he did, all the way to the pits of the sideline against the cheats. When he was needed most...

He might need surgery.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, we don't spell our RB's a whole lot. We probably should, especially in the regular season.

What do you mean Bell was all Tomlin? Did Colbert and the Rooneys not want Bell and only Tomlin did?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  3. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    your way too nice, many times during the season many of us said he was being OVER USED. He needs a break here and there and then get others involved in the game some. Mainly because you may need others at some point. i thought his over use was the biggest reason we didnt have the timing down like we should of with Ben and our secondary receivers like Rogers, Coby, James. Also agree that it wouldn't hurt to see what another back does and at least gives your team a change of pace back, like a big bruiser type of back.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    joe mixon would look nice in black and gold spelling bell. :smiley1::cool:

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would like to get Jeremy McNichols*, RB, Boise State
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 212.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
    Projected Round (2017): 2-3.
    12/31/16:

I think because he is a little short pundits don't like his size ..I think he may be the RB steal of the draft ...He is fast in and out of his cuts, he runs good routes , and he can disappear behind a big OL...

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No I'm sure it was a collective effort but the story has it that Tomlin was very high(pardon the pun) on Bell and wanted him.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    IIRC, Tomlin went to scout another player and saw Bell. Liked what he saw and the rest is history.

8. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Never understood pulling Williams once Bell was healthy again. Those 2 if used correctly would be dangerous. Wanna talk about opening up an offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Todd Haley is not creative enough to get it. These people wanting a RB, shouldn't happen until late in rounds
    Sign Williams to a workable contract and give him 8-10 carries a game. He has lots left in tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This is Tomlin's doing as well. Run the wheels off. Hopefully Tomlin now sees that using another back for 8 to 10 carries spelling Bell would be a positive.