1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell and Ryan Clark going at it on Twitter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 10, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    AB is a social animal. He's not PR. Was the Facebook stream PR? Are the crazy arrivals to St. Vincent PR? No. They're how he expresses himself. And I remember reading about phone calls to Bell as well as the tweets. How do you know AB DIDN'T call him? All we know is the public displays. And publicly, AB tried to get Bell into camp.

You're entitled to your opinion, but make sure to admit when it is opinion and not fact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Like I said, inferences without facts. You're equating your opinions on what's happening behind closed doors to reality. The fact is, none of us know what's being said in the locker room (unless AB happens to be live streaming it at the time - but I digress). What we do know is that AB is universally lauded as being an incredible worker who goes to extreme lengths to be the best player he can be. That can only be good for the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Too bad Mr. 92.....Mr. Hardest worker on the team.....Mr. Lead by example.....Mr. I'm sure could of helped shutting down some of the rushing attacks we've been gashed by lately.....can't seem to find his helmet that the coaches have been hiding from him. A true leader gets it done between the white lines not in the media....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Joey, what do you think of this team's mental resolve?

joey-porter-shirt-off.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    oh man, Ike's response is perfect!!

Ahhh, twitter...helping grown men act like children in 140 characters or less.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Bingo, took the words right or of my mouth. This team is loaded with divas and children. The potential will be squandered because these players don't have their heads in the game. This team needs to be blown up and we need lunch pail guys that appreciate and bust their rear for where they are, not a bunch of attention craving babies. The steelers prided themselves on grit and hard work, Landy, Green, Bettis, etc. We need more of those players. Leave these clowns to the dolphins, cowboys, raiders, etc who load up with talent that is never focused on playing the game, and hence never make it to the big show.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  8. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Can I get a translation on all that?

9. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016

EXACTLY. Brown's personality may not be the best, but his work ethic and production speaks for itself.
    IMO its #26 that ignites the issue. Ryan Clark is an analyst...its his job to not voice conservative opinions. #26 has to be a professional athlete, and carry out his actions in a private manner...not on a platform for the entire world to see...like Ike said...I don't care too mch what Ryan Clark says on his show, or Twitter...but maybe keep that kind of stuff out of the open world...no need to down a Steeler at this time...but maybe #26 needs it

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Dont you blame Ben for the team losing on this board. They are blinder then stevie wonder when it come to seeing that he is the core issue

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I love the idea that posting three times on twitter will affect a pro sportsmans focus in a game.

Do any of you guys struggle at work after posting on here?

Actually, dont answer that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    image.gif I was thinking it looked a little more like this.......

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Ike Taylor: still a shutdown corner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Clearly shows that this team is all about distractions. They need to institute the "device free locker room" and focus on football. Sheesh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Am I the only one that thinks life was so much simpler before social media?:shrug:

Really glad that I don't participate at all in twitter, facebook, snapchat, ect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Social animal? He gets like 200-300 retweets normally during off-season because everything he post is an ad. The crazy arrivals and facebook streams. He's an attention whore. It has to be all about him. Just like every ball needs to go his way. If you don't see how that's cancerous behavior then I don't know what to tell you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Is this football, wrasslin or a soap opera?

19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, we agree on one thing, then. You don't know what to tell me.

The NFL is chock full of diva wr's. Every top shelf wr wants the ball every play. And frankly, that's the m.o. of every competitive professional athlete. Name me a pro qb/rb/wr who doesn't want the ball in his hands. Entire gameplans are structured around getting the ball into the hands of playmakers as much as possible. That's sports, my friend.

I guarantee you 110% that the steelers aren't concerned with AB wanting the rock. They would be concerned if he DIDN'T want it.