1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    WRONG! So....utterly...wrong...

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    C'mon, BFT. I'm clearly not saying they're victims. In fact I believe I said they were morons. I just don't buy for a second that Supercop smelled the weed and was able to pinpoint exactly which vehicle the odor emanated from. I think that is pretty thin as "probable cause". Maybe it's just me.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I'm glad that you don't think they're victims but the cop actually did wind up finding the pot. So I think it's pretty clear that they must have been seriously tokin' it up.

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    You're right that they were probably smoking as they drove. I just hope when the full story comes out that we learn there was some erratic driving or something that led to the stop. I'd hate to think I could be pulled over because the car in front of me smelled like weed and the cop mistakenly attributed the smell to my car. Seems like a pretty imprecise investigative tool. :smiley1:

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He was a motorcycle cop, so that probably helped.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of weird driving or something since he was under the influence. As far as the cops pulling you over for a weird reason I have a lifelong friend that seriously got DETAINED one time because he "matched the description" of a murder suspect! I laughed my brains out when he told me that! Basically if the cops want to pull you over it's really easy for them to do so. You should go check out the youtube vids of guys that film traffic stops and basically troll the cops. The vids are quite fascinating.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe he did like on Up In Smoke where he walked up and saw them on each other's lap and asked them what they wanted and then saw that huge hot dog and said "are you gonna eat that?" LOL!!!

8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Just one frick'n off season.......One.
    sonofa...@#%$

9. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Good thing we have a passing game!

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well without a running game don't you think it will affect the passing game? Also I had expected Blount and Bell to help in the passing game with protection. If they get suspended it could really keep Ben running for his life again.

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Apparently, Bell and Blount were practicing their own passing game:

roll a joint, roll a joint
    twist it at the end
    take a puff
    that's enough
    and pass it to a friend

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm not familiar with the laws in Pen but DUI in most states refers to drugs and/or alcohol. It is Driving Under the Influence (DUI). Usually, the crime does not differentiate between the two other than how they are tested. You are able to test for alcohol using blood/breath/or urine. Drugs are tested through blood/urine. In my state most often drugs are tested through urine (much fun obtaining a sample, not). The crime charged is exactly the same and I suspect that is the way it is in Pen too. And yes I do have some first hand knowledge of this!

13. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    First let me state I don't care if an adult uses THC in the privacy of their home but when it comes to our guys; Come on man. I am disappointed that they possess this in PLAIN VIEW in a car right at the start of our season. The Rooney's will handle this that I am sure of I just hate that it affects us. I am very saddened and I hope they learn quickly.

14. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Each State has different levels but under the influence of a drug or narcotic is measured in Nano grams. They will take blood/urine and depending on the level he's screwed or not. Field sobriety test will also play a part. BTW blood is usually better for the defendant as urine shows higher levels in my experience.

15. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    1st point, one bag of weed = one possession charge. The three of them can't all own the same weed. Court will throw out someone's possession charge if not two people's once the lawyers have at it.
    2nd point, must have been some dank stuff for the fuzz to sniff out but I lived in Humboldt Co Cali for an extended period and can vouch that a couple people holding dank stank can smell up everything.
    3rd point, I've been getting tons of mileage making fun of Manziel and the browns and now I'm taking flack from all directions and I need Manziel to do something dummberer.

16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Point 3:

Any minute now... :roflmao:

17. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL!!!! Love that movie so much.

But still bummed out about this. Don't have anything against weed, especially since I'm my card carrying member in California. Only use it medicinally of course :). But I just can't see why they would be out and about. It just blows my mind.

It's still a little weird to go to the store and buy some and drive home with it.

18. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Awesome post!! These guys are nothing more than entertainers...thats it!!! This team and sport does not represent my nation or family. It's just a sport people. I could care less if they smoked weed or crack. Just show up on Sunday and get what you get paid to do and that is to entertain and for all of you that think these guys are role models for the kids, I fell sorry for you. You should be the rolemodel for your kids.

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    But mess up and not be available on Sunday?gameday....Then we got issues!

20. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    And that's all I care about.

21. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    All I gots to say is ... :roflmao:

[video=youtube;8or23xbQ2vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8or23xbQ2vw[/video]

scruffy

22. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Stupid, stupid, stupid. This just pisses me off. I dont know how everyone else feels, but to me its a slap in the face. I pour my heart and soul into this team. Eat sleep breath steeler football and for someone to risk everything over something so stupid makes no sense. But we are just supposed to accept it and move on? Whatever this damn season cant start fast enough. Hopefully these guys will start taking things more seriously???

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly BFT I don't think when they act in this manner they give it that much thought. They just do it because they believe they won't get caught and damn the consequences if they do. Most people that smoke marijuana almost act oblivious to the law and believe it should not be illegal.

It is a black mark on their record regardless if the league suspends them.

Bman

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I like you Ray :) You put down exactly how I feel about it. When I read that comment I thought the same thing. I am pretty sure Blast Furnace would have chosen me as one that does smoke. I can tell you that I don't.. I certainly did many years ago but I do not indulge or blaze up anymore.

Good post

Bman

25. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but regardless of what Roger-Dodger does, we are talking about the Pittsburgh Steelers! Our ownership does not take kindly to these types of situations, so expect the Rooneys to have a comment or two on this development.

As for me, sorry, this was really stupid. :facepalm: