1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think with a lot of athletes, drug use, especially marijuana, has been with them for a long time. Anytime a football player gets in trouble for marijuana, the great debate erupts about the acceptability and morality of marijuana. I agree with others in that it's illegal so they shouldn't be out doing it, but I'm not their judge. They'll face the legal process just like every other tax paying american. I'm not going to jump to conclusions about this or them either. It happened, but they're innocent until proven guilty, and I have no idea what they do in their personal or professional time.

Remember when people wanted the team to keep Ta'amu? He almost killed people.:eek:

BTW, it takes this kind of news to bring you out of the woodwork? There's plenty of nice things to talk about. ;-)

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone read the article on this from NFL.com? It says the cop pulled over Bell's black Camaro because he smelled pot. Really? He sees a car passing him takes a sniff and decides that it smells suspicious maybe I should pull them over. Sounds kinda weak to me but then again maybe his last name is Kent and he has a super sniffer.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [video=youtube;bPmVhyHBRAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM[/video]

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :this!:It's probably not the first these two idiots did this. They're showing up to work on drugs.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Good to be back! I will really have to sorta watch my time here because I have limited time to do extra-curricular activities and getting sucked in to the awesome wormhole that is this site could really get me sidetracked. LOL. I just couldn't be quiet about this because it got me so dang hot. It's just the "principle" ya know? Yes I know that people smoke pot. Yes I know that people drink and drive, although I haven't heard that alcohol was a part of this. Yes I know that people make incredibly stupid decisions and are "innocent until proven guilty" but that phrase is actually followed by "in a court of law" and the public has a right to make judgments based on principle. It just seems like something you would hear on some afternoon radio show about dumb criminals when you hear that people DRIVE BY A COP while their car SMELLS like pot and they actually HAVE pot. I mean did they have the windows down??? There are just SO many angles of stupidity to this story. It just seems to me that the team must not REALLY have tooooo much of an issue with "character" when dealing with the draft because they took Adams, Ta'Amu, Rainey and others that they KNEW had some issues. I just don't see the team responding with urgency to these things. I know they got rid of Rainey but in my opinion he didn't deserve a FIRST chance much less a second. I know it might be "old fashioned" but I consider being a STEELER even MORE of an honor that just being "in the NFL" and it ticks me off when these guys take for granted that they are playing for the STEELERS and the ROONEY'S! I mean get some perspective guys! Ok rant over... for now... LOL.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Can you?

I do not smoke weed. Wouldn't even know where to find it if I wanted to. If it was legal tomorrow, I doubt I'd smoke it any time soon.

And I believe recreational use is no worse than alcohol and it should be legal. I'm not bent out of shape at all that they had it or used it.

I AM a little pissed that they're indulging DURING training/ the season. But I'll even let it slide if today was just an off day for them. So long as they're not using during practices or game days, IDGAF.

That said, they were pretty stupid and have to pay the piper. It sucks that the rest of the team has to suffer for their mistakes. And the driving under the influence is the worst part of all this. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Thank God they didn't hurt anyone.

In the end, the NFL says don't do it. That's your job. If you want to be an NFL player, that's the cost of business. They need to grow up.

7. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Just a tad fishy unless they were recreating a Cheech and Chong scene.

Seems very suspicious. (I hate to think that way. If he said he ran a light, was speeding, driving erratically, I wouldn't). Doesn't matter either way. They were caught red handed.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I do remember people thinking Ta'Amu's deal wasn't that big but I wasn't one of them. I wanted him gone. I wanted Rainey gone. If Pouncey doesn't learn how to act I'm gonna start calling for his head too. It's just that they put themselves in incredibly stupid situations is what really annoys me. Also you KNOW I don't like to talk about nice things! LOL! I will tell you what's funny about this though is that when I first saw Dri Archer I was like "yep I bet he smokes pot. I wish he would be more like Bell who seems to have a good head on his shoulders..." LOL! What do I know? Maybe that hit in the Rats game had something to do with this? That is the ONLY thing I can think of!

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    ...and well my friend! Except for the pounding headache trying to figure out why these guys would do something as reckless as this.

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Sad, but true.
    Hope they don't get suspended. But if so, and somehow someone of them gets 2 or more games, the NFL will be sending a wrong message: it's equally bad for the league to smoke weed than to beat a woman, leave her unconscious and make her apologize with you for letting you punch her.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It shows a lack of respect to Tomlin and the Steelers organization IMO.

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    It's part of the culture, especially with young men. They have more money than sense. And they wanted to blow off steam. Maybe even ingratiate themselves with the girl in the car. Like most young men, they think they're immortal, bad things happen to other people, and they won't get caught.

It's not that hard. ;)

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've always wondered that same exact thing about how they get it. I've literally never even touched marijuana before or any other drug and I've always wondered how people even GET the stuff. I mean who walks around saying "Pot! Get your pot!" Like some newspaper or popcorn vendor? I've always been perplexed by that question.

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao:

The visual there just made me spit coffee at my screen. Glad to see you back, Blountfoottrauma. :cool:

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Man if their paychecks don't ingratiate them that is ONE tough fish to catch! LOL! I guess then they are like "Hey I've got a few grams!" and she's like "Oooh that's my kinda man!"

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    You are an evil man! LOL! Glad I made you spit your coffee though.

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    So stupid it's almost unbelievable. I don't care one way or another if players want to smoke weed, but the sheer stupidity of this is mind boggling. There is nothing worse than a dumb criminal, if you want to break the law at least be smart about it. Morons.

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :evil::emperor::taunt:

19. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    And what's with the dumbass cop who did this? Some "respect my authority", Eric Cartman-type guy trying to make a name for himself, or just a Ravens fan?

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Who did what? Pulled them over?

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    While his stated reason for pulling them over is suspect, are you suggesting he should turn a blind eye to a crime? Why? Because they're famous?

Nope. He did his job.

22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    He smelled the pot as they drove by? C'mon, that's pretty thin even for the law and order types on here isn't it?

23. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I already said as much. :)

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's called "probable cause" and the actual discovery that he made justified his suspicion. Please don't give me this crap that Blount and Bell are "victims". If the cop smells pot from a car that is actually in motion he should absolutely investigate that. I don't care who is driving. He is literally sworn to serve and protect. He had more of a right to pull them over than they did to drive around smoking pot and that's the bottom line. They literally have zero right to do that.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [tweet]502274204545609728[/tweet]