1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And Blount Cited With Marijuana Possession, Bell DUI

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 20, 2014.

1. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    There is no explanation for this. Just plan dumb.

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Next RB up!
    Good opportunity for someone to show off for a spot somewhere in the league.

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I don't care if marijuana was legal in the state....... in their particular workplace, it's been deemed illegal.... that in itself should've been enough for them to be mature and responsible about it... you don't do things based on what you believe they should be, you do things based on what is....

both of these guys have some serious apologizing to do to the team, the fans, and each other.

as demoralizing as this is, they deserve whatever comes to them

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You can always tell who smokes weed here and who doesn't when this topic comes up :lolol:

TTF, do you know the suspension for first time offense? Or does that not apply in this situation because it wasn't a failed test administered by the league?

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Marvel Smith was charged with pot possession, Tim Worley was suspended for a season. Eric Green got suspended half a season. Santonio Holmes got several chances..... it sucks but it happens. Hopefully, Bell will learn his lesson.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has Blount been in NFL trouble before?

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    As was pointed out to me the DUI refers to the pot and not drinking. I am not from the state of Pennsylvania nor your country but here in my country there is no test that I am aware for pot . DUI involves alcohol

Bman

8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    From what I have read, just in college. He is an undrafted player though and as such should appreciate being in the league.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No, not that I'm aware of. First offense to my knowledge.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    In PA, AFAIK, if they suspect you are driving while under the influence of marijuana, they take you to get a blood test. If THC is detected, you're charged.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    First time offense for marijuana should be zero suspension. For Bell with the DUI...hard to say, especially this early. If I had to guess, I'd have to say he probably won't be suspended by the league, but will have to take part in some kind of program.

12. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I don't smoke grass. And could really care less who does or doesn't. And it doesn't really bother me if pro athletes do. I don't consider them to be any more intelligent, sober, moral etc than anyone else. In fact, I have rather low expectations for pro athletes in general. I've just come to expect that these dudes make poor decisions, for a multitude of reasons. Just look at our team/recent past: Ben, Bell, Pouncey, ward I think had a DUI, Harrison slapped his lady around etc. and I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. Just entertain me on Sunday, and I could care less about their personal life or their post football ailments/conditions.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Gracias. That makes me feel better. Hope they use better judgment going forward. You would think with the Pouncey situation, that everyone would be on their best behavior.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Depending on his driving record he could probably get the DUI busted down to an improper use.

15. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Doobie Brothers

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well said :applaud:

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Seeing as how Blount wasn't charged, it bodes well for him at least. The owners may decide to do something if the League doesn't.

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm with you 100% my friend! It's not even so much the "legality" of the issue that irritates me so badly. It is the fact that these guys have such incredibly poor judgment and make such selfish decisions. I'm sick and tired of turning on the tv and seeing some moron athlete giving a press conference to "apologize" for their behavior and reading some "statement" that is obviously prepared by some PR firm. I think the true problem is these guys know they can afford really good legal counsel and see all the other dudes around them getting slaps on the wrist from the league and from the law and they just feel that the reward outweighs the risk. If they would start getting treated like regular people that can't just "pay their way out of it" I think that would go a long way in deterring this crap. Even if you couldn't care less about the drug part you SHOULD be enraged as a fan because these guys are going to be integral to the TEAM'S success going forward. We seemed to have taken some true strides and then these guys go and do something as stupid as this. Even if they DON'T face the music this year they will have to at some point. So eventually the team is going to suffer. BTW Hi everybody. Long time no see.

19. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    but what does that means to rogers suspension? sure he wont have to pay a $500 BS fine but he might miss some games

HINES

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    :stogie: <------- The new Le'Veon Bell smiley!

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    The police said they plan to charge him.

22. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I read on NFL.COM they were going to charge him through the mail. I didn't even know there was such a thing as that.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Welcome back! your screen name is especially appropriate now!

24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    BLOUNT!!!!!!!

Welcome back, my friend. Glad you're back. The board just hasn't been the same without you!

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah... sadly... LOL. Good to see you. I think I might not have to change it to "NOT LAGARETTEblountforcetrauma"!