1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell AB

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Disco1981, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Both proclaimed themselves the Best...Both wanted out and bad- mouthed the organization...Both now Suck...

The End

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Neither suck at all. TB's offence is a mess due to Arians and Brady not working well together. AB is beating DB's, he's just not getting the ball.

Bell doesn't suck either. When I watch him play, he does what he's always done, make guys miss and get positive yards no matter how busted the play appears to be. Give Bell 20+ carries and he'd put up good numbers. KC just doesn't run the ball much and all the RB's share carries

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They might still be good at some point, but the bottom line is they are both after thoughts on their current teams. Bell held out and turned himself into a back up...Brown wanted to be the greatest and is a broken security camera from being kicked out of the league.

Can they become great again. Maybe. But as of today they will be lucky to hit 1000 yards combined.

HACK

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing special about either one of them anymore. AB is a middle of the road receiver and Bell is even worse off. If Reid isn’t getting him involved, it’s because he doesn’t offer much. You think if Kamara were on KC he’d be barely used.

You reap what you sow, they ruined their careers.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm still convinced that Bell is still better than Conner at this stage in both their careers which makes him better than anything the Steelers currently have. Like shaner82 said it's hard to gauge how good he actually still is in a KC offense. What's the likelihood he would be much more productive in a Pittsburgh offense?? That being said I fully expect one or the other to end up with a ring by the end of the season.

AB...idk...he has a 46 yr old Tom Brady on a new team and offense throwing to him. As of right now both Bell and Brown are still on playoff teams so they're still doing better than most the players in the league currently as far as their situation is concerned. AB may be a shell of himself but I would like to see him with a top 5 QB before making that assessment.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    AB was a couple seasons away from getting to the hall of fame. Le'Veon was on track to being one of the best dual RB's in NFL history and was on track to the hall of fame as well. Both pissed it away. Sad ending for those two.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I think AB still may be a HOF but If he doesn't make it....it may be more personal than anything else. I'm not sure if off the field issues should be considered for any candidate, but I know that it is. We've had players with equal or shorter history that are hall of famers (i.e. barry sanders, gale sayers) so I don't think that would be the hold up.

Bell, not so much and has no chance at this point....not with being on KC for sure as long as Mahomes is healthy

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Shouldn't this be moved also? We want to see Steeler material on this page not
    this stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I actually really wish there was a way to get Bell to Pittsburgh again. Lev is a brilliant zone runner and that’s exactly what we need right now. That said, my wish is more for ability than anything. Dude is clearly an asshat

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Who cares? Move on. Life's too short to worry about the past.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Who?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Neither wanted to play for the Steelers, they can kiss Ben & Tomlin's SB ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Bell would have some great pick ups on the blitz. Even national TV with all the people putting in tidbits in the announcers ears..the fixation was on a long passing play with the great throw and pass but many times it was Bell picking up a LB, etc. that helped make it happen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He might be back next year. Bell has ruined his "value"

In the last 3 years combined. (1 out 1 Jets and 1 Jets/KC) he will not reach his 2017 Steeler stats.

He bragged his way out of Pitt and whined his way out of NYJ. He is being the good soldier now as a back up in KC. I never heard anyone say Bell was not a good teammate, but his days of "resetting" the RB market is over.

His next team will need to be a RB away. The QB will need to be there, the Oline will need to be there.... and as we have seen if they are there you can put many RBs in the spot and succeed.

If he is just playing for the money. He will either retire or sign with a bottom feeder..although Miami went after him this year.. and might be a bit of both... plus is his home. If he wants to prove he can still play... he will sign with a good team that might not even need him.

I think AB can still play. But let's be honest.. hard to not be an NFL player for almost 2 years then just step onto a moving train, learn the offense and contribute right away. As long as he keeps his nose clean someone will throw some money at him next year. But he will only go to a top flight QB team. Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson.... he wont do a Ravens or Titans. He wants a passing team that will focus on him.

Just my two cents

HACK

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They are misusing AB by trying to have him break press coverage and go deep. If they put Evans and Goodwin outside, Gronk and Brate to clear underneath then AB can go to work in the slot and be like Edelman for Brady. But BA's vertical passing game is killing that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I think Andy Reid is sandbagging with Bell, live in KC and seen a few games. They're not exploiting his assets at all.

AB hasn't been there a month and he's already lining up on the left. He might be their #1 by the end of the year.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    That's the hope that I had that Arians offense wouldn't jive with Brady. Despite the praise he gets, Arians isn't the offensive mastermind he thinks he is. I mean he has Byron Leftwich as his OC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Brady is why that offense isn't scoring 30+ a game. Got to throw completions, doesn't matter what system your in. All you Arians bashers forget that Brady chose Arians. Brady is toast without a defense no matter what system is being implemented for him. Take it to the bank.

20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Sure he chose him. But the fact is, even when the Steelers had decent defense, Arians offense often struggled to score 30+ despite all the weapons we had. Granted Ben is obviously a factor but the evidence is still there.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Look up the evidence.

Arians + good qb = contenders
    Arians + meh qb = Time to move on with life's work.

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Given how mediocre the NFC is, I wouldn't write the Bucs off as contenders just yet.

23. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Arians is an absolutely horrible coach. Always has been.
    Every QB he's ever had gets destroyed due to his obsession with the deep ball.
    A good coach gets the most from his players not forces them to do things they aren't capable of doing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yet Tomlin has always won with Cowhers players!!

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Brady needs to get his act together if they want to see the playoffs. It's not like the Bucs have everyone running the deep route like some posters are pushing. Arians isn't out there turning the ball over. That's why he signed Marsha, to run the offense without throwing to the other team.

According to Arians, Brady calls all his offensive snaps now. Lost 3 out of last 4 games.
    8 Tds
    7 interceptions

Tied for 29th in the league with 11 ints. Meh for Mr. ball security.

Brady can't cope with picking himself off the ground after being hit. Had that problem in Foxborough.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020