1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell’s value up or down?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Sep 28, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That was his agent more than likely covering for him as he saw he did something stupid. His agent said that after the fact. I'm pretty sure the moment ab was noticed as absent the team at that moment didnt know why he wasnt there.

2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I once had an employee call off work. That’s “letting me know you’re going to miss work”.

He missed work because he wanted to go to a party and couldn’t find a coworker to take his shift. That’s “getting disciplined for missing work”.

3. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And is different. Can you like khalil mack just did holdout from work for 3 straight months demanding a raise and have other people at your doorstep clamoring for your services? Hell no. Do other employers bid for your services like they do free agent athletes? No. Athletes are awarded special treatment others arent and especially the star athletes. It's just a fact.

4. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Cant compare them to regular jobs.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tell you what next Friday when you are supposed be doing a walk through before Saturdays game you tell your coach you aren't going to be there. Let us know what happens.

6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm not in the nfl...

7. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Here’s the thing: you can. Just like you can compare apples to oranges. (They’re both fruits, they’re both roughly spherical, you can make pie from one but not the other,...)

It’s not like professions either have rules or have none. NFL players are required to attend practices, film sessions, meetings, and so on. If they don’t and they don’t have a reason acceptable to the coach, they’re disciplined.

8. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Not yet.
    :hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Start working on those punting skills

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    If I could be a punter, kicker, hell even a long snapper in the nfl I would. The goal is to just make it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Or hell even running back :icon e biggrin:

The minimum salary to make an NFL practice squad is 129,200 thousand dollars a year. $7,600 per week.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/...ibility-pay-rules-changing-teams-what-to-know

I really have a hard time feeling sorry for these players when at the bare minimum they are making more per week then most people I know are making per month. So yeah go get paid.

Reset the market for long snappers :)

12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not saying they dont.
    But the lifestyle they live is based on their money. Most arent getting paid million then living life like the average citizen
    They have all the new cars, big houses, designer, jewelry, etc... so therefore if that's the fruits of labor of the life they live I cant hate on them. Hell even floyd Mayweather with his net earnings of over a billion is STILL trying to box at age 40.. that should tell you something right there it's no such thing as "enough" money.

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

Every job has it's risk which is not proportional to the pay. I work in EMS and every overdose call I go on has a risk of me taking a gunshot wound to the chest, or with an MVA getting hit by a motor vehicle paying attention to the wreck as opposed to the road.

Or how about the industrial accidents showing people losing limbs, getting pulled into machinery, getting beheaded, etc. Hell we responded to a guy getting run over by a couple ton loader as it was backing up. He was only 25.

The risks of playing football include CTE (which Goodell and company seem determined to limit that as much as possible at a time where players are getting paid more than ever before), spinal injury (which is rare and unfortunately we are dealing with in Ryan Shazier), Pain acute and chronic from broken bones, and delusions of grandiosity (suffered by Odell Beckem Jr, Le'veon Bell, AB etc_____ << add your favorite football player) << last one is a joke.

Also... good football players get hot trophy wives like Tom Brady's wife. Bet she's freak between the sheets. That's of course if he can work on that erectile dysfunction :D

<< sorry bro not feeling sorry for them. Not too many jobs where you can retire comfortably by age 35..

Unless you're playing the Warren Sapp game overspending all your money at strip clubs and hookers.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers probably want too much for this cancer lol

74F4572C-EA1B-4D77-A674-49E3B0177722.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He's a one year rental. No team is giving up that much for a one year rental this late in the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct but also with the type of field their are in their career is not just short by injuries but also by their ability. They overtime will not be the fast high jumping guy they were at 23. Eventually they will not be able to perform at that level. They cant work till their 60 like a EMS guy or even a police officer. That's the thing your time in the nfl is so short. Not just due to injury.

17. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The best chance is that a contender bites. Someone like Philly or even... New England would have every reason to do it.

18. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Not work as an NFL player, sure. But each guy’s life’s work is still available to him after football.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers have issued their demands, atleast a 2nd round pick
    and a good player. Go Steelers.

20. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Oh yeah they would. But it doesnt matter who bites until he signs the franchise tag.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Everyone who played isnt fit to be a coach or an analyst.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just read an article about Darren Perry yesterday. Very interesting in how DL thought he would make a good coach when he was done playing but it wasn't necessarily something he wanted to do. So after he retired he got into contracting, building houses, and property management. From there he got into coaching but when he was let go by the Packers he went back to contracting. just sorta shows the importance of having a career to fall back on.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Seattle wants 2 second round picks for Earl Thomas, according to NFL network.

24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp

25. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think his attitude is hurting his value more than anything else, that and the production some of the young RB's have been having the last few years.
    Someone will step up and pay him but I doubt Bell does better than the offer from the Steeler's.

I enjoyed watching him play but I like a lot of others on here have already moved on, unless he comes back and balls out like 240 all purpose yards per game and 3 TD's all the way to another SB.

THEN ALL IS FORGIVEN