1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Belichick was able to turn the Patriots around; why not Tomlin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And there it is. Like clockwork, whenever the team is struggling someone pulls the Bellechick card. News flash: he is realistically one of the top 5 coaches in NFL history (some say the GOAT) and he has one of the top 5 QBs in NFL history (also considered the GOAT by many). And... they ensure their success by cheating. I think we’re all ready bummed that Tomlin and Ben aren’t on that level, but we’ll... they aren’t, and neither are any other active coaches and QBs. It’s a silly standard to compare to.

If you want to talk turnarounds, how about a couple of years ago when the Steelers started 4-5, and the reeled off 9 in a row before losing the AFCCG. Yeah it ultimately ended in disappointment, but it was a pretty epic turnaround.

Also, the Dolphins and Colts are not very good teams. The schedule was very favorable for a Pats recovery. I think they will end up with 12 wins and another easy division title.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Belicheat: In game adjustments, ordinary players succeed in his system, do your job or you will be gone, takes no prisoners attitude.

Tomlin: Popcorn...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And his track record re-enforces his ability to manage his players (come here and be confident that you will succeed). The Steelers... we have rumor that players are not evening buying into the system.... wtf

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    They always crush the fish at home.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Belicheat is a bonafide defensive guru. Studied under Parcells & knows his X's & O's. Probably always in his hideout pouring over formations & plays when not on the sideline.
    Tomlin is more of a Dungy type. Leader of men, trying to develop character & leadership. Not a student of the X's & O's.
    I think he should be compared to someone more like Garrett, Coughlin, Hairball, Marrone, Chucky imo.

6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    .....buttered by a not so "broad brush "

7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Bill has complete control of his team. They fear him. Tomlin is clueless and his players walk all over him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah that worked out well for Martavis Bryant, he got suspended 1 game by Tomlin then got traded.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This is really the big difference. Billy has no problem with benching/releasing players. Does Tomlin not want to do the same, or does he not have the authority?

10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Meanwhile, Brown, Bell, Burns, Ben and others run wild.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Belicheck could have been in Baltimore this whole time, think about that. Modell was going to take him to Baltimore, but Belicheck kept nagging Modell about football decisions and Modell was neck deep in stadium/city negotiations, vendors and everything else that comes into moving a team and he got fed up with
    Belicheck calling about football items. So he was fired.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They are grown men, they will talk out of line every now and then that doesn't mean they walk over their coach :shrug:.

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This is very true.

I find it a bit amusing so many people hate on Tom Brady. He's pretty much your prototypical pocket passer. Super humble, cool guy, with a hot ass wife. People are just jealous.

He's had the Steelers number. No denying that as we have over a decade now of film to prove it.

Beating New England is like winning the Super bowl.

14. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I'm sorry but Brady was a nobody. He accomplished nothing in college. The reason Brady and Belichick are now considered the GOATS is because, like they lampooned on South Park, they cheated and no one cared. Take away the tuck rule game and the two times they got caught cheating and they win 2 Super Bowls, not five. I have never seen such a mass brainwashing as has been done by the NFL and sports media to get almost everyone on board with this Pats love. They are not the best ever, they are the dirtiest ever. And a close second is the belief that Tomlin is a great coach. I'm sure I'll get some dislikes for this, but it has to be said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Kind of difficult for Tomlin to help the team turn things around when the QB plays like hot garbage.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They look beatable to me. I think they may go 11-5, I can see them losing to KC, Packers and Bears. Mahomes and Rodgers will pass all over that D and Bears will stifle their offense, I look forward to that game actually, want to see them harass Brady all day. I think they got lucky getting a rusty Watson too or they might have another loss. Vikings will give them trouble as well.

I'm not one that predicts their demise every year, I think it actually began in the SB though. They haven't looked very impressive so far. Beating up on Miami doesn't count. Whatever their record ends up being, I don't see them going to the SB this year.

I don't think the Steelers have a snowballs chance in hell of beating them though. Not in the teams current state.

• Like Like x 2
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just ask the Giants and Eagles

• Like Like x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I was thinking about this the other day. In the 80s, I really liked Montana. Still do. I think HE's the best ever. In the 90s, I didn't care for Aiman but, I didn't hate him. Now, I hate Brady! Maybe because he's good enough to win without cheating but, they do it anyway.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's always Tomlin's fault when the Steelers lose, even if Ben throws 5 ints :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True, the real difference is that Brady is a perfectionist, Ben is not. Brady has been "all in" where that teams concerned even though they cheated.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    And bears and packers lol