1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Belicheck or Tomlin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by C ZACK, Jan 16, 2018.

1. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I know that certain factors would have to fall into place but I was wondering what you guys think about the following scenario:

This is hypothetical but what if after this season Bill Belicheck got sick of Tom Brady and Robert Kraft and said he no longer wants to be the coach of New England and decides to walk. Then he or a representative of his approaches Pittsburgh and says "I want to coach the Steelers."

So my question is: do you fire Tomlin and hire Belicheck? I think I would do it.

I love Mike Tomlin and I think the guy is a pretty solid human being. However, I am a fan of my Steelers winning championships and I think Belicheck would win multiple Super Bowls with this team. Maybe not. But maybe...

Thoughts???

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Another Tomlin thread :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    meltdown.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Come on guys. The pain is still fresh. We need something to talk about. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The 2 calls on 4th and short and the onside kick make me sad. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They make me furious.

As to the OP - NEVER would I want Belicheat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It won't happen, Belicheck wants total control of football operations.

7. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We would probably win more championships more frequently lol.

And yes...by saying we it means we are part of the organization!

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This board would cease operations if he was the coach and brought Marsha Brady with him.

9. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I'm not sure Brady would thrive in Pittsburgh the same way he does in New England. Although it would be interesting to see.

10. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There are very few things that would make me stop rooting for the Steelers, but this would be top of the list. The man has blatantly cheated his way to the top. His interactions with the media during press conferences is appalling. If we make a change, we can do much better that Belicheat. For all the stupid decisions Tomlin has made, I’ve never been embarrassed with his actions in public and in the community. I want to win rings, but I want to do it with a little class as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I would never quit rooting for the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    As long as JH was part of the trio. :lolol:

13. ST-ILL-ERS FAN

ST-ILL-ERS FAN Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Other than his attempted trip of Jacoby Jones I can't say there's much to be embarrassed about either. I have wondered if their needed to be a Mike Sullivan/ Dan Bylsma situation that needs to take place with this level of talent and falling short consistently, but maybe they can start with the O/C first. I have also wondered if Ryan Shazier had remained 100% healthy would we be talking about a game plan for the Patriots instead of who should be on their way out.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  14. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Enough drama in the burgh so why add cheating to the mix?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Belicheat is only starting this crap because he is gone when Brady retires, I'd bet my house on it. Why? Because Brady and Josh McDaniels system made him look better than he actually is, how well did he do with the Browns? My point is he looks better because of 2 elements on that team.

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nah. He's damaged goods as far as I'm concerned and I would not want him coaching the Steelers. He'd be a disgrace to the memory of Chuck Noll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Only if our HC was vacantl!Being it isn’t ,no!Not firing Tomlin for Belicheck!Like it or not Belicheck is one of the best of all time as we will never know how successful he would be without Brady.7 straight AFC Championship games and 5 Super Bowl championships!Believe me,it kills me to say it but facts are facts and there won’t be no asterisks in the record books no matter what we think or know!

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Actually Jack, Belicheat idolizes Chuck Noll.

The fact remains as much as I hate that organization you NEVER hear a peep from players. Belicheat runs a tight ship, and if you don't like it or fit in, your gone. Can't remember the linebackers name that mouthed off about his contract and I believe was traded to the clowns. The man that leads our team could learn a few things from the way they do business. No nonsense. Tomlin best reel in these distractions, the drama. I've had enough of it.

Only time will tell if their are changes...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly that Tomlin should adopt some of Belichick's more disciplinary coaching style. Some of the clowns on this current Steelers team need that. I just wouldn't want Belichick coaching the Steelers, there's too much of a stigma there in my mind. He's a smart guy for idolizing Chuck Noll, though. :smiley1:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's not gonna be easy for Tomlin to go from hard ass to push over back to hard ass. The lack of discipline has been growing and growing and I'm not sure he can reel it back in.....the things some of these players have said and done are embarrassing to this franchise and its culture and Tomlin has let it go on.

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If he brought titles to us I would take big bad bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I kind of compare that scenario to what happened to the Vikings a few years back.Viking fans hate Favre with a passion but if he brought them a title they would have overlooked that!He didn’t but you get the drift.Same thing with Belicheck!I know the scenario is would you fire Tomlin If Belicheck was available.No!As I bleed black and gold!But if the HC job was open in Pittsburgh,Hell Yeah, if he brought us a few Super Bowls!!!!

23. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I had a buddy ask the same thing last year. look you cant argue with his record. I don't think so but most people in the know think brady is the greatest of all time. I cant get past spygate. I cant get past all the other stuff.

he can coach sure. his teams are always put in position for the luck they get to help them. ask yourself this question though. did the pats win the super bowls against the seahawks and falcons or did the seahawks and falcons lose them? I think it is a question that has to be ask before putting him on a pedestal. 1 flipping first down. that's all Atlanta had to do. or run the ball 3 times and kick the damn fg. the seahawks had probably the best rb in the league at the time and hadn't been stopped on that drive. what, 2 yards?

I get that they were in the position to win. but if he loses those 2 I think he is under 500 in super bowls. I think tom coughlin outcoached him in 2 of them.

like I said, he is a good coach but imo he is not the greatest in history as some have proclaimed. neither is tomlin.

24. C ZACK

C ZACK Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That's pretty much what I was getting at. I just want this coaching staff to stop over thinking certain things and to keep things simple. For example, on the 1st 4th and 1, give the ball to Bell or Nix. If you get stuffed, then you suck and just move on. On the second 4th and 1, QB sneak. If you get stuffed, then you suck again. Finally, with 2:18 left, 2 time outs, and the 2 minute warning, kick the ball through the back of the end zone and force a 3 and out. If you can't do that knowing Jacksonville was not throwing the ball, then finally you are the suck of all sucks and don't deserve to win the game. Let Jacksonville move on while you spend the off season figuring out situational football and how to stop the run. All else being equal, I feel New England/Belicheck would have made simple decisions in these 3 situations and would have beaten Jacksonville. Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I take Mike any day of the week. This is akin to asking if we'd take Brady or Ben? Brady has 5 rings but I'd have to roll with Ben.