1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Being a Steeler fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Nov 18, 2017.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I live in Philadelphia sports market. Trust me it can be very annoying. They have a hard time admitting that tiny city North West of them has a much better record when it comes to winning Championships. And as I like to point out to them we only have 3 teams compared to their 4.

Not really bragging here but it's a fact that the Steelers make the playoffs a lot. During the Ben years it has happened many times. We don't get super excited as say a Cleveland Brown fan would if they were 8-2 with a commanding lead of the AFC North. It's something we are use too and sort of expect. Now the Philadelphia Sunday paper, (yes young people there is a thing called Sunday newspaper) for the last 4 weeks has had them on front cover, the hell with mass shootings, threats of war, etc. etc., it's all about the Eagles. They actually are petitioning the NFL to have Lincoln Field open Super Bowl night so the fans can watch their Eagles in the Super Bowl. I counted 16 brand new Wentz jerseys in the supermarket last week. So much is going their way with Elliot out 6 games, Aaron Rodgers out for season, Seahawks losing Sherman for the season etc. etc. I'd say the Saints or Rams are all that stands in their way.

I'd say they are jumping the gun big time but this is what fans do that have never won a Super Bowl. Steeler fans don't start buying plane tickets for Minnesota this early as their fans are. I would imagine if we had their situation and were not a consistent SB contender we would be like they are right now. Sure is great being use to this stuff!!!!!!

2. Jordan Stella

Jordan Stella Active Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, when I went to college in Bloomsburg, I kept reminding my eagles' friends who have 6 versus zero. They can be very obnoxious and act as if they are the more superior Pennsylvania team

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I like the Eagles and root for them except when they play the Steelers. Though, I only have Steelers gear and follow the Steelers online. Other than Wentz, I’m not sure who is on their team. I always root for an Eagles/Steelers Super Bowl. 2001 and 2004 were close.

I always tell Eagles fans if you combine them, the State of PA has won 6 Super Bowls. :roflmao:

Some people think the two teams are in competition. Other than once every four years, I don’t see it that way.

Can’t we just be in agreement that we hate the Ravens and the Cowboys?

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hmmm....

The Eagles, oddly enough, do not bother me as much as say, "America's Team" does.

Their fan base however, that is a complete 180 for me. :lolol:

5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    They like Cheez Whiz on their cheesesteaks.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

While watching Rocky reruns!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im rooting for the Rams for the NFC.

I hope to catch some of the Rams/Eagles game, should be good. Then its the Steelers Ravens after.

Good day of football :herewego: