1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Being a cheerleader has its cost

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have been thinking about the cheerleader comments made about Tomlin in conjunction with the recent accusation that the team is overconfident and arrogant, and it all starts to make sense. A cheerleader, and perhaps a "player's coach", is there to build people up and make them think they can do it. Some of the recent decisions ("Dobbs can win this this game", "linebackers can cover star wide receivers", "Boz will get it together", "We don't have to make adjustments, we are good enough as we are", "our defense will keep them out of the endzone") are certainly consistent with this line of thinking. Unfortunately, when the talent has reached its ceiling, especially within the scheme they are placed, no amount of encouragement of confidence building works - it actually backfires. I wonder how our linebackers feel about constantly being burned because they don't have the skills to do what is expected? They run out of gas at the end of games probably because they are frustrated they are being put in bad situations.

I am sure Tomlin tells the players they are good enough and fires up their confidence during the week, but I wish they would spend more time practicing.

Also, it is hard to believe that Juju, Brown, and the tight ends aren't torturing our linebackers during the week in practice. Gotta get a new scheme.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Another Tomlin sucks thread, talk about :beathorse:

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    15 Tomlin sucks threads all worded differently.. When I saw the cheerleader title I knew it was another Tomlin thread lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Yeah but...
    Can you really possibly have too many Tomlin threads? LOL

5. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Idk. Same could be said with the bell threads when they were in full force

6. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Bell isn't part of the team. That would have gotten old for sure

7. Smitch89

Sep 11, 2018
    Bell was never part of the team and yet ppl kept posting about him

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I would rather see 100 more threads abt Tomlin sucking, than another Patriots/ Brady thread on here

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't want Tomlin fired, but I find it funny we are playing a team this week in the Patriots that are known for having a high attention to detail, and and being ready for any situation. Steelers clearly do not have these qualities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So you just wana keep the problem around

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I actually enjoy reading all the different posts on the same subject. You get a good idea of the different opinions without having to read through every post on a thread that may or may not be on topic. As for Tomlin being a cheerleader, I would agree with that and think that is an important part of coaching. But it is only a part and Tomlin doesn't have the other parts. Bellichick is the exact opposite. He's got the attention to detail and fundamentals part, but I imagine he is a jerk to play for. You can see which part is more important to winning (and I hate Bellichick with a passion). If Tomlin could learn the part about details and fundamentals he might be the best coach. As it is, he's nowhere close to being as good as others make him out to be.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "Being a Cheerleader Has Its Cost"

You got that right........time isn't always kind. :rolleyes:

Then [​IMG]......and now.......[​IMG]

Note: Some liberties taken in content to make a point.

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Come back Sunday night:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  14. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I wish we had cheerleaders... would at least have been something decent to see during the Steelers sh!tshow over the past 3 weeks.

FMTI

15. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Until we can be clear which brush Tomlin actually uses whether it be wide or narrow, he must be kept front and center.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've been begging for cheerleaders for years. How delicious to see young fine things in black and gold but noooooooooooooooooooooooo they just won't do it.