1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Before the start of the regular season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Aug 30, 2016.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Who if anybody do you think gets a new contract?

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    AV should get one. DD should get one. bell should get one. AB should get one. LJ should get one. < wait for it. :cool:

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    DD for sure. If AV is the guy then it would probably be smart to extend him now.
    Bell scares me.
    AB more than likely has to wait, but stranger things have happened.

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think they may advance AB 2 million again then wipe it out next year. Hope so. we gotta keep him

• Like Like x 1
  5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Kaepernick! Probably with the Roughriders!
    Oh, you meant strictly for the Steelers?

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Of course. We are in the Steelers Talk section after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Did you see that Roughriders @ Roughriders game? They definitely need a starting QB or they will never win that matchup.

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Ladarius green should get a new contract.....
    A reduced one

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I would give AB the richest WR contract in football and then try to work DD's contract. Although G isn't the hardest spot in the world to replace. I would love to give Bell an extension, but I think it's better to wait and see how this season goes with his knee and his suspension. If he can stay healthy and clean then ink him.

I would look at AV but that depends on whether or not we're in the LT market early in next year's draft.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So I wonder if Bell doesn't get an extension if he'll label the Steelers as haters?

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    AB. Deserves all the money in the world and then some. Best WR in football. Doesn't do stupid ****, rarely hurt, lot of work ethic.

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    My money is on David Decastro. I also expect AB to get some advance like he did last year but not a new deal.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers should sign/extend Bell now for cheap and give him an ultimatum. After his suspensions, the Steelers have the upper hand in negotiations... if Bell wants to remain a Steeler.

Of course DeCastro should be a Steeler for life and AV should be signed now rather than later. AB... see DeCastro.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I would also break the "extension rule" for AB. However, I believe the Steelers should get something in return, which would be NOT exceeding the Dez/Demaryus contracts (5/70/30-35 guaranteed). If he accepted that 14 million average, we should get a deal done. AJ Green has a 15 mil average, Alshon just got a 14.6 average. Julio has a 14.2 average. And Dez and Demaryus have a 14.0 average.

If AB was willing to take the 14 average, we should bend our rules. If he wants to be the top paid WR (which he has every right to be), then we should wait. If we can get 14 we should do it. If he pushes for 16 or more, wait.

15. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    We should run Bell in to the ground this year. and not re-sign him.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is going to have to be Antonio Brown. If they wait longer.. his contract is just going to get too exponetionally expensive as the season cotinues.

Sadly for David.. he is going to have to wait until the 2017 offseason considering the finances will be available by then.

If anyone wants to thank someone, thank Reggie Mckenzie for giving Kelechi Osemele a huge payday.

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lmbo...I totally agree

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well... occasionally he does this..............................(but swears he never had sexual relations with......that.....that woman.)

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I literally can't think of a dumber thing to do with him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I can't think of a dumber thing than investing top top dollar in RBs

We've already seen Deangelo put up pro bowl numbers in this offense.

The path is clear.

A top tier RB contract will hurt our ability to build a defense capable of helping us get to the big game before Ben's clock expires.

21. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I get it that you don't want to invest top dollar in RB's... But Bell isn't just an RB. He's a star runner, catcher, and blocker. You gotta have stars on your team to win it all. I don't think he would be a bad investment down the line. We should play it out this year, franchise him the next year, then see whether or not he can stay out of trouble/healthy and if we have enough money to have him in our plans.

Just because he is a RB, doesn't make him a poor investment. His unique skill set makes him very valuable IMO

22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I would say his injuries and decision making has hurt him. Add to it Steelers don't give big money to RBs and WRs. He's going to have to take a hometown discount. He said he will be with the Steelers for life so we will see. He's also screwed up this off-season. No way they give him a big contract.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    OK I was 2 mill short but glad they kept AB happy and promised to extend him later

24. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    He's a bad investment because we have the talent on offense without him. We aren't the Chiefs or the Vikings who NEED star talent at RB to compensate for weaknesses on offense.

There's no doubt that Bell is one of the 3 best RBs in football, but we have the luxury of not needing to invest top cap space in such a volatile and risky position.

25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    More than likely