1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Beer trade?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Stone, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    The discussion about Hoppin Frog got me started thinking. Maybe there are some members here who are interested in trading beers because some great beers are not available in all regions of the country. And let's face it, being a Steelers fan doesn't necessary mean you live in or near the burgh; it just means that you are an intelligent football fan:cool:

I'm not offering to run a beer trading forum but if any of us can benefit form a $ for $ trade, it could be enlightening. For example, I love some of the good stuff from Dancing Gnome in Pittsburgh, Hardywood in Richmond, Goose Island in Chicago, and several in the NE area; but I can't get it here......and Hoppin Frog, here in Akron, have some of the best stouts and barrel aged stouts in the world, and even Great Lakes in Stainville has some good stuff.

What say you?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I used to trade a lot through beer advocate. Georgia finally left the dark ages and lifted the abv cap and Sunday sales ban.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Don't ya just love states that try to control our drinking by their silly laws? Growing up in the hills of western Pa., you could only buy beer by the case at a beer distributor. As a result I was forced to learn to drink at least a 12 pack at a time if I could find someone to split a case with me.

When I went in the service right after high school, I was not legally allowed to drink in Pa. and I obviously didn't have the mandatory PLCB (Pa. Liquor Control Board) card; but my military ID or being in uniform worked for 95% of the bars around home.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry to interrupt, but speaking of trading beers (or beer stocks), saw an article today that said Corona beer sales in the US are down 40% with the untimely outbreak of the virus sharing the same name. People can be so gullible. One commenter stated that the only thing worse than the Corona Beer virus would be a Corona Beer Virus with a twist of Lyme disease. That may be sicker than the actual malady.

OK - back to our regular programming, already in progress. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Seriously? That commentator needs a lime, followed by a Corona, shoved up the exit ramp!

Or..............................

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...videos/search?q=snake+up+the+nose&FORM=HDRSC3

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If anyone wants to send me beer I will drink it..............:drinks:

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1