1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bears trade #1

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by biggbunch68, Mar 10, 2023.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Hines Ward made his living that way. That's what I teach my son.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Works okay for some, but I’ve seen Ward snag a few with his hands too. When you’re 6’4” like Claypool being a body catcher is inadequate and makes you play shorter when you have to go up and high point a ball. I want to see a receiver catch the ball with his hands and quickly pull the ball into his body, not try to essentially trap the ball on his body. There are times that’s okay, I actually remember Stallworth body catching a few balls. But I’ve also seen him reach out and snag the ball with his hands when need be. Watch the Super Bowl XIV highlights. I think Ward and Stallworth were body catchers when they had to be, depending on the positioning of the throw. Most good receivers who have exceptional hands will use their body from time to time when need be so I don’t want to make too much of an issue of it. Claypool, though, seemed to almost do it out of necessity and because he didn’t have sufficient confidence in snagging the ball with his hands. George Pickens is definitely a hands first receiver as is DJ. I think Pickens is a little slow getting his hands into his body after the catch at times.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not true My Friend. He could do both. He only body caught in the middle when blocking someone out from the catch....because at the time You could level a guy across the middle. Otherwise he hand caught. He could switch back , and forth for the purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Agree with @FootballAnalyst98. Chicago imo wins out either way.

Should Fields take the next step, Chicago could be a serious disruptor in the NFC Playoff race. If not, fire up those mocks for Caleb Williams. Either way, I personally do not have much faith in Carolina's future prospects anyways; Bryce Young, CJ Stroud or otherwise.

I have good amount of respect for Frank Reich but how is tenure ended in Indy is something that cannot be ignored.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yupp. I like Bryce young. I think he will be a good nfl qb. But I love Caleb Williams.