1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bautista Gets His Jaw Jacked!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, May 16, 2016.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure if it was the right hook or that foul Odor that knocked him out. I also read where the Maple Leafs were sending over a few guys to coach up the Blue Jays on fighting techniques. :duel:

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Paybacks a *****. Mike Tyson is right, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Bats jumped up acting all tough and got clocked. He's lucky everyone joined in, he was in no condition to defend himself after that shot. Odor would have mopped the floor with him.

The slide wasn't that bad though but really didn't have much to do with it anyway. Bad blood brewing for a while. Glad Bats is ok, I wasn't a fan of the bat flip but not interested in seeing him get hurt over it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Haha! I LOVE this game! Players, managers and coaches were ejected throughout that game. And some people say baseball is boring. Baseball players never forget.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he had better be sending a thank you card to the guys that saved him. I saw an interview where he said it "takes a real man to knock me down". Yeah. That's really fresh. Go ahead and talk smack after you get your dome rocked in front of the whole world and don't even try to fight back. Idiot. This reminds me of when Finnegan got wrecked by Andre Johnson and then jumped up and acted like a tough guy. Johnson had mercy on him or he would have been completely decapitated. I loved the punch to Bautista because it reminded me of the Robin Ventura and Nolan Ryan fight when I was a kid. Ryan beat the tar out of him! LOL!

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely! A guy told me the other day that watching baseball was like watching paint dry. Baseball is probably a more intellectual game than about any pro sport in America. Tons of strategy involved and watching a great pitcher work a great hitter when the stakes are high is as intense of an experience as you can have in a major American sport. The fights are just a great bonus.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You've got to give Bautista credit for taking one hell of a shot.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, he said, "I guess it takes a little bigger man to knock me down", can't say hes wrong, was a heck of a punch. He would have went down if that fight continued though.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

It's funny that you said that. If I ask a guy if he likes baseball and he says, "No, it's boring," I always say, "Yeah, it's a thinking man's game." If he then asks me if I just insulted him, I just smile and move on. [​IMG]

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I totally agree that it's a thinking man's game.

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I saw that on replay the next day, and thought...
    "That has to be the best punch ever thrown on a baseball field!"

Usually their "brawls", are a lot of haymakers, and wild swings that rarely connect, in the middle of a scrum of people trying to seperate the two teams...

That was a PERFECT cross, connecting squarely on Bat`s jaw...

Deadspin showed a slow-motion version of it, and you could see his lips push out, like a fishmouth from the impact....

Obviously you don`t like the guy, but personally, I give him credit for taking that shot and not dropping like a bag of bricks...

I don`t know of too many people outside of boxers, or MMA fighters, that could take that punch, and stay on their feet, and a lot of them, would have dropped, too!!

Truly surprised his jaw wasn`t broken, when I saw the slo-mo version... That was brutal!

LOVED IT!!!

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I put this in the Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura category of great baseball fights. The Ryan one is just classic and really hilarious. Baseball brawls are always fun though. Hockey has to be more brutal though. Wouldn't you say?

13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    ABSOLUUUUTLEY!!!

Fighting is part of the culture, on a rink...

That`s why I said, "On a baseball field"...

I`m just not that "intellectual"...

I like watchin` guys fight... (It helps when I`m not involved in a bar or somesuch!!!;))

I don`t usually expect a brawl to happen on a baseball field, even tho they occasionally do...

And I watch NASCAR for the wrecks.. I ain`t gonna lie!!!

Sure, those drivers are extremely skilled, and physically fit, to pilot those cars around those tracks,..
    But I get a little bored at Bristol, or Martinsville, when they`re tradin pant, and tempers are flaring...
    Unless they fight in the pits!!!
    It`s wwaaaaayy more fun to watch them crazy SOB`s goin around a big track like Talledega, Daytona, or Michigan, at 200 plus, less than an inch from each other`s bumper, waiting for someone to slip up, and make a high-speed pile up...!!!

Anyone that tells you they don`t watch stuff like that for the danger, is either lying, or kidding themselves...

People been goin to stadiums to watch chariot races, and gladiiator battles, for as long as we have written records...

Cut the BS...

We like violence, and the NFL has capitalized on it in a big way!!!

Kudos to them for that...
    Now quit trying to pretend it`s not violent, and trying to make it "safe"...

Kudo`s to NASCAR for installing "safer barriers", "head restraints", and all that...

But, don`t pretend that you don`t sell tickets based on the risk, that your drivers are taking!!!

Rant Over... LOL

GO STEELERS!!!