1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Batch/Dwyer who do you want to see start

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blitz_burgh, Oct 19, 2012.

1. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    Looks like Mendenhall and Redman are out for this weeks game. Who would you rather see start Batch or Dwyer? I would like to see Batch start and get 20+ carries!

BLITZ

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Dwyer, assuming he's 100%. Dwyer should start, and Batch and Rainey should be the supporting backs. The Bengals run defense isn't the greatest, so hopefully Dwyer has a good day.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd like to see a healthy dose of Rainey. Let's see what this guys can do!!!!

4. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Dwyer. He has proven he can be an effective starter. This assumes he is healthy. Rainey has not shown much in the running game. If he can work on his pass blocking, he can be an effective 3rd down back.

But since Dwyer is still dinged up, a 3 headed beast is the best way to go unless one of them shows they are in the groove that particular game.

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with you 100% on Dwyer should be the starter and Batch & Rainey as the supporting backs, but I don't agree with you on the Bengals run defense not being good. All I have been hearing is how good they are plus they have 20 sacks already. Infect this guy Geno Adkins is suppose to be a beast, better then anything we have on the DL. So, if they shut down our running game because we don't have Mendenhall and Redman plus the fact that it is hopeless to think we will stop A.J. Green, we are doomed, especially being on the road.

6. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Isn't Mendy playing this week? I heard on the radio this Sports Illustrated guy say he is playing :herewego: :herewego:

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    No, he's been ruled out. Redman as well.

8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  9. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I guess it really doenst matter who we want to start.. DWYER has been anointed the started... so thats it

HINES

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, not to argue semantics, but I didn't say good...I said not the greatest. They're in the middle of the pack for rushing yards allowed. As far as sacks go, yeah, they have the second most sacks. That's a different story, though.

11. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah for me it has to be Dwyer. I would like to see a bit more of both Batch and Rainey but the majority of the load has to go to Dwyer imo.

12. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Time for that lightning backfield.

14. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    How about a two receiver set with Miller in also. Then Rainey and Dwyer in the back field. Smash and dash anyone? :shrug:

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Redman showed what the threat of a Power runner can do in the passing game...I didn't even start a thread even though he was the First RB for the Steelers to do so in 40 years....The kicker is had Ben looked off the DL Redman would have had at least 20 more and had he stayed in he might have got close to the 200 yard mark......

Dwyer is a Power RB IMO he has more speed than Redman ,but I think the Bengals D must respect his Power running this could lead to a lot of throws coming his way....I hope he catches them all like Redman did and finishes the play like Redman did...His extra speed could result in even stronger finishes...

Another angle to consider is Adams playing at RT ,,,he made a very nice hole for Batch,but he read it wrong,,,if Dwyer reads his blocks from Adams he could have a lot of open space to get into.....I think Dwyer will have a Huge game if his mind is right......

I have been a Big Doug and Adams fan since day 1,,,I think Doug is playing way above the line and maybe Colon has been taught how to trap block better this week.....

I predict our best running game of the year and that's from you know who''s #1 fan.....We need Dwyer to take advantage of this and I for 1 think he will......

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    what I am reading in the PG, Dwyer will be starting.

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Its Dwyer and its not even close. Rotate Batch & Rainey as 3rd down backs.

I expect a BIG game from Dwyer. Give him 20+ carries and I KNOW we will see a 100 yard performance. The guy makes splash plays and has EXCELLENT vision. If the hole is there, he will find it.

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Yep, just heard on NFL Network that Dwyer will start.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't care as long as they get in the EZ. running or receiving. the o-line has to play better, but i just don't see that happening. maybe adams gets pizzed off and owns someone this week. :shrug: :cool: