1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Barron to sign

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PolamaluBlitz, Mar 17, 2019.

1. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I think the Steelers should only move up in the draft for Devin White. Bush can be had at 20 if he drops..but I would take one of the Iowa TE’s and get an ILB with the 2nd pick.. just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    :hmm::hmm:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What if Bush and White are gone before #20?

4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    The problem is if the Devins are gone, than ILB is a reach in the 1st round when there will probably be a lot of other very talented players that fall at #20 that are good value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Then we're screwed lol. There are some good ILBs, but not at #20.. maybe 2nd or 3rd round. Which is why I think the Steelers saw this signing as necessary.

Pretty scary there is a huge hole at ILB. I'm hoping they try to move up to get one of the Devins, but how much would have to be given up I don't know if it'd be worth it.

It is the one huge glaring need on this team. that and CB.. and edge rusher

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    We pick Murphy or Fant.........:applaud::clapping:

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Any undersized linebackers available ? Lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    like barron and burnett lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    On a side note, Barron was released so this won't count as a FA pick up when comps are awarded.

As it stand now, we've lost 3 and signed 2.

We should get a 3rd rounder for Bell.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If there's such a thing as a free agency reach this is one. Enough with this hybrid crap!

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, all I can say is that he’s a Steeler now, so I’ll be rooting for him. Welcome to the Steelers and kick butt Mark!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This is the issue seeing mocks having them both gone before #20. This is the year if in so they really want one of them to use those extra picks to move up. I know its a stretch but they did this for a future Hall of Famer.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Devin Bush ain't no Ryan shazir.

Could he be a Colbert panic pick? Sure, but I'm going to give Colbert the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I think the Barron move puts some of the brakes on that pick for now.

It could give us time with a more productive pick at that position. We would be giving up some speed possibly but a better overall finished product in the end.

We also wouldn't be giving up extra picks to be on the losing end of size and production for a couple of tenths or hundredth of seconds.

I still think Brian burns would be a huge addition to watt and this team and dupree is here only as a place holder for now.:cool:

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Bush would not be a panic pick at 20th overall. I could understand the argument if the Steelers overpay to move up, but if he falls to them, that is a solid pick. Barron certainly isn't a long-term solution.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Never heard of Barron. But, I don't pay much attention to other teams' rosters. I never heard of Bostic and Burnett until last year when they were signed.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I disagree. Bush's production at the position doesn't equate to the 20th overall pick. Especially the 34 solo tackles. A small percentage for a 3 down ilb.

Colbert inability to replace shazir being a mistake as he claims could cloud the thinking about Bush's true production. The fast 40 is also another cloud. It would be a good thing if it was backed up by solo stops and turnovers.

As for barron, I never said he was the long term solution but he could give us time for a more productive lb to be taught and us not having to use the number twenty pick. I think there are more productive players in the top twenty.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Every indication out there is that Bush is a high first-round value. How much have you seen him play?

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Multiple free agent signings? Who are these people masquerading as the Steelers organization?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Tons. I'm from big 10 country. I have seen long from wvu play a lot as well. As I had argued about when Julius peppers was the flavor of the month, I didn't like that pick either but he at least had some safety background which helped his overall game. It helped shazier too. Bush doesn't have that or the inside linebacker production. I see him as a poor man's answer to peppers for michigan. I don't see that getting better in the pros much like it didn't for peppers. I view them as clean up players, using that speed to get there after another player does the work. :cool:

20. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Film Room: The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of Mark Barron
    https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/film-room-the-good-bad-and-ugly-of-mark-barron/

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The more I think and read about this signing the more I am thinking this is also about Edmunds and his development. I mean Burnett did say he didn't want to play this type of system so maybe Barrow will step in and help our young guy learn, thoughts?

22. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    This signing looks better with Burfict being cut. Because now we know Cinci is going ILB in the 1st round

• Like Like x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I dont think he fits our system but it's a move I guess.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They never are in that aspect.

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The question is...Is Barron being considered for ILB.? Or as the dime backer replacement for Burnett who doesn't want to be here? My thinking is dime backer,which still leaves a gaping hole at ILB. I preparing myself mentally for a trade up for Bush. Not that I'm totally against taking him but if we have to lose the 3rd we got for AB. That's a huge investment and they better be right....still prefer they found a way to keep Fort and drafted a safety.