1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Baron Batch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 24, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This guy is annoying I was following him on twitter because I heard he was a interesting dude. He gets into twitter arguments with people he doesn't know and goes off on these rants, I had to unfollow this fool.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    You're not alone. This is an old thread, but you can see some varying points of view. ~ viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2492

Personally, I don't really care what he says, but I also don't usually read his tweets.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If he can be a good RB for us, I don't really give a crap what he says to people on his twitter account. They probably deserve it anyway.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'm tired of people making big deals about Twitter, Facebook, etc...who cares...let the guys do what they want on those sites like the rest of us do on our favorite sites. If they interact with people cool, if they argue who cares, if they state their point of view on something good for them...its no different than any other person who uses those and other sites. If we could go just one season w/o people (people here and especially in the media) making a big deal over nothing I'd be overjoyed, but thats not going to happen...if the media dont do it...then someone here will make a big deal over nothing. SMH

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :herewego:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He may be annoying, but at list he isn't as bad as some of the NFL players, ala Santonio Holmes...

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As someone who does not follow players on twitter or facebook or anything, my only comment on the subject is how very weird it is that I have heard each of the following from at least half a dozen sources:

"Baron Batch is an excellent all-around man, really one of a kind, and a great person to root for. He's truly a special guy."

"Baron Batch is annoying as hell and he is a petty, immature little SOB."

I don't know or care about which one it is. All I care about is that everyone who saw him in training camp last year said he looked awesome. Hope he picks up where he left off.

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Exactly. As long as his off the field antics don't affect his on the field performance I couldn't care less. All I know is i'm rooting for the guy this season and have a good feeling about him. One thing is for sure about Baron, he doesn't lack confidence, and that can go a long way.

9. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Something on Twitter is annoying? That seems a bit redundant

10. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I said something about Mendenhall making sexist and rude comments on twitter on the old board and got a lot of comments like this... Then the next day he went all 9/11 on twitter and everyone changed their tune.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It seems to be the basis for a number of folks' assessments of certain players, unfortunately.

In a way, it's just a different point of the continuum where we can judge player's usefulness to the team by their statements, serious or otherwise, to the media.

12. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I follow Woodley, James Harrison, Troy and Keisel and Tomlin. I've seen Harrison Tell fans to watch their language, kids are on his site and if they do it again him will block them. I respect that. Both Keisel and Harrison are big hunters and I can relate to them.

I will say, people can say what they want on social media, it doesn't affect their on field performance but does publically declare their moral character and I suggest before anyone hits the send button they think about what they just wrote carefully.

Cajun-