1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandwagon fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NM Steelers Fan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. NM Steelers Fan

NM Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    So i'm at my local Walmart and guess what was on clearance? Steelers gear!!! WOO HOO!!! Yea for me!!! I bought over $100 worth of long and short sleeve shirts for about $50. Gotta love bandwagon fans. Now the price of Giants and Patriots gear will go up in price instead of Steelers gear. Overall a good shopping day for me.
    :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

2. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What does finding Steelers gear on sale have to do with bandwagon fans?

3. NM Steelers Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    Around here if the Steelers are doing good (playoffs) you can't find any Steelers gear anywhere. If they have a bad season all of the gear goes on clearance because, no one but die hard fans will keep buying it.

4. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Interesting theory.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree with NM. Based on the fact that I live in Knoxville Tn and ALL the people around here are hardcore bandwagon Colts fans. Now Colts gear will NOT be flying off the shelf. Mostly everyone around here has jumped ship for Tebow just because he played in the SEC. Bandwagon fans make me so insanely mad that I just can't stand it. But to each their own I wreckon.

6. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    Let it go man, it isn't worth the aggravation. Why does it really matter if someone is a bandwagon fan?

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I hate Walmart NFL stuff. It looks to cheap. I'd rather buy fake Steelers Jersey's from China just as cheap, and look more real.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I know CHAB. It's just principle dude. I mean imagine if everyone put you down and hated on you when you were poor and then suddenly you hit the lottery and you have more friends than you ever knew what to do with. Then you blow your winnings and you are back to square one. I'm just saying it's unbecoming to me. My wife tells me exactly what you just said though so yeah I know that I have psychological issues.

9. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I just don't understand why some people get their panties in a bunch over bandwagon fans. Not saying you wear panties... or if you do that there is anything wrong with it. ;)

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No I don't wear panties...anymore. My wife said I keep stretching them. PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW THAT'S SARCASTIC!!!

11. NM Steelers Fan

Jan 2, 2012
    My panties....err i mean.,.,boxers are just fine right now. All the bandwagon fans jumped ship. I just hate it when they jump back on and I have to order new Steelers gear online instead of in the stores. Not just talking Walmart mind you, it's all the stores around here.

12. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It's the same here in San Diego except, as soon as the Chargers get eliminated the Charger gear goes on sale! :lolol:

14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I have found, throughout life, that the Steelers are not really a bandwagon type team.

You love em or hatem, that simple. For the lovers, it's all in "balls to the walls", and for the haters it's a deep resentment, lifelong, all in and for good reason.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've found that to be true as well. Maybe it's because we have such a well established fanbase that maybe they are a little intimidated to try and just "jump on". Maybe they feel they wouldn't be "accepted" or something.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    My guess is that it's on clearance because the season is over, not because the Steelers had a bad season. (How is 12-4 a bad season, anyway?)

17. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bandwagon fans are a good thing. They're what keeps the owners motivated to win. Look, if you keep on purchasing a product no matter how crappy the product becomes, then why should the producer of that product invest any time and money to make that product any better? That's fundamental to capitalism.

18. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The true definition of a bandwagon fan is that I've lived in Baltimore\DC since 1989, and man oh man the 49'r Fans came out of the woodwork and had the flags flying on their cars \ stickers on their windows and flags on their houses.

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. As long as they're jumping on OUR wagon that means we're WINNING and their $ are the same green color as ours :thumbs_up:

20. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I must be a bandwagon fan, I haven't bought ant Steelers stuff in a year or more.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Because this, my friend, this is what is wrong with the entire country! No dedication, no heart, no loyalty and fluctuating sports clothing prices. It is a travesty! Besides...real men wear banana hammocks...it drives the ladies crazy or drives them away I can't remember which.

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Thats what I have found too...The haters become bandwagon fans of whoever the Steelers are playing.

23. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I must be a bandwagon fan then because I root for every team that Baltimore, Cincy and Cleveland play every week.

24. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought this was another, what type of fan are you thread.... glad I gave it a chance because yinz have got me laughing quite a bit!

25. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    when does hometowne sports have their clearance sales?