1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Petition on the other MB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Oct 25, 2011.

1. LA_STEEL

LA_STEEL Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Maybe people still have hope that steeler organization will link it back to the their offficial website.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Well, to be completely clear, the button is missing. I was able to click the tiny little "dot" once.

But it was easier for me to just hit tab twice and then enter. That works.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey I was one of those "hidden-away" kids...which was ok except when Precious was around or they wanted me to put lotion on... Anyhow! By the way thanks TTF for giving some of us a new home. As for post count, does it really matter because I could have 1 post count and it could be the most prolific post you have ever read or 1000 of some of the most confusing non-sense you have ever seen. I guess you will be the judge. :hehehe:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

hello steeler nation ,have been looking for our mb since the start of season. went to pitt site looked for mb and realized it wasnt there anymore.i was confuzed, i asked steeler fans i knew what happend to mb and they had no answers either.i had been a member on old board for for over 10 yrs ,but havent been able to post on there for at least 4 yrs. very frustrating. well good by old board and glad to be here among the best fans any team could ask for. thanks for new site . go steelers

6. remote steeler

remote steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The most puzzling thing about the entire scenario with the old board is that the Steelers organization let it just sit there....unsupported for long stretches of time.

It is still titled the "Official Message Boards of the Pittsburgh Steelers". The organization can easily see that there were many board members/fans......yet the took of the link to it from the Steelers home page many months ago.....dating back to the labor strife.

To me this is dissing the members/fans from that board. I don't think that there was any attempt to reach out to board members to notify them that the board was going away or being phased out. They have all of the member's email addresses. I can't speak for others but I know I did not receive anything from the board mods or the organization about any of this.

I have somewhat of a problem with the Steelers organization for letting this happen. They are supposed to be proud of the Steelers Nation......but they treat us this way? IT does not seem right!

Of course they want us to continue to buy Steelers gear and represent like none of this ever happened.

I have a problem with that!

7. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The worst thing was trying to reply to a post and be redirected to the Official Steelers merchandise store. WTF was that about??? Then, I would have try and log in again. It was an endless loop! I am glad heaven has arrived at this REAL board!

8. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I totally agree on this post count thing. It is a straw man.

Kudos to those that posted like crazy at the official board, but it means little in the long run.

Let's suppose for one moment that the board goes down and goes down for quite some time. What would folks do? Someone would probably start their own board. Now, fast forward, I think that has happened.

Secondly, has anyone given the thought that the very reason why there is no longer a link on the main page, that many cannot post, is because the organization WANTS the board to go away.

Could it be remotely possible that the organization no longer wants to pour any more resources into the message board and this is their way of closing the board without officially turning off the lights.

It has become more evident that the orgainization sees the board as an after thought and is unwilling to invest in it. Resources are probably better used in keeping up the other areas of the website. It only makes sense. Legal issues are another hidden issue that no one really wants to talk about, but it is better that THIS board remains INDEPENDENT of the organization.

We can continue to beat the horse, but I really think it is dead. Let the handful of folks still left there have fun talking to themselves. It is clear that this is where the bulk of the official board now resides.

Welcome the stragglers. Pour on the Iron.

rutan