1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Back up and running

Discussion in 'Need Help?' started by biggbunch68, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    We were all given a time out. A 3-day time out

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Even the Reddit is kind of garbage

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Same

4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Is there even other boards? I never have found one that's even a little decent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought maybe the site was hacked. Every time I visit here my web browser gives me a warning that this site is not a secure website which typically means there is no SSL Certificate in place to authenticate the website’s identity and enable an encrypted secure connection between the site and its users. For as long as this website has been up I’m actually surprised by this.

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Oh crap. This is the only social media I visit. Don't do any other. Can only afford to rot on one site and it's here.

7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    English please. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    could have been a Patriot gremlin

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Thanks TFF!!

I thought I was just drunk for the last 5 days and forgot how to sign on.

10. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Okay. Said another way. When your web browser tells you you’re visiting a website that is not secure it’s warning you that the site may not be a legitimate website therefore either leave the site or stay at your own risk kinda thing. An SSL certificate fixes that. Of course we know this site is legitimate and has been around a very long time so the “Not Secure” message I get when I visit here doesn’t bother me too much but I suspect it may deter some folks from visiting.

11. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011

SSL is a secure socket layer which is an encryption based internet security protocol, its purpose was designed for ensuring privacy, authentication and data integrity in internet commuinications. You can tell if a site uses SSL by lookng at the the site link. If it starts with HTTPS instead of HTTP, it is using SSL.

12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, my computer doesn't tell me diddly, it just gets me here. Thanks for the lesson.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I took a break from the sight on My own because of all the negative stuff....then when I come back I see the sight was down while I was gone al anyways. LoL . Thanks for a great message board. It's the only good one.

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The site kicked off not long after the loss. At first I thought we got overloaded with traffic since the site was technically up, just had error messages. But after a few days, I wondered if the site was being attacked by some disgruntled, banned user. The site went down for a day or 2 recently too.

I'm now blaming EVERYTHING on a curse we need lifted:

Change the stadium back to Heinz Field!!!!

15. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    ‘True and this site starts with HTTP (no SSL). As I said it doesn’t bother me as I’ve been a member here for a very long time because of having the best Steelers message board. I just happened to start noticing the “Not Secure” message in the search bar of my web browser and thought it odd since the site has been around a long time. I just assumed it was SSL certified.

• Agree Agree x 1