1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BAAAD JuJu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The most pathetic part about that is how he had to call over the players. Come here guys, please celebrate with me. LOL!!! He looked like such a little kid, but he is the youngest in the league though.

But I still want a custom jersey with either "Bad JuJu" or "Mr JuJu Risin" on the back.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like JuJu and think he could become an elite WR . I think we need to keep him hungry and not try and force the snaps on him. He should be a huge piece to the puzzle come play off time . This is why I wished we could dominate Teams we should dominate early and often. Pull AB,Bryant,Bell and let the young guys get the work so when they are needed they have the game reps that will help them in that regard .

If we could do that we would make our depth more the I am the guy capable .So wen that moment comes it is not to big for them .

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just an FYI, I believe Tyler Boyd ex Pitt Panther Rookie wr last year Cincy Bengal had over 50 catches and 600 yds last year
    I envision similar numbers for JU JU.

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wasted pick :lolol: A bit O' 86 smack down...

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow! Really? Kids first NFL TD, give him a break.

Its the same thing Bryant did earlier, its obviously something they talked about doing now that celebrations are allowed. You'll see them doing that one again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    It was a nice block for sure. Not to rain on the parade though, I don't think Smith even saw him until JuJu was pretty much hitting him though.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Your point being?

9. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Eh, nothing I guess. A block is a block. But I just don't think the outcome would have been the same if Smith knew he was coming. Same could be said for most players throwing a block though

10. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Love this article on JuJu's versatility and usage so far.
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-juju-smith-schuster-wearing-many-hats/

Mostly because it validates a lot of what I was saying about our WR core in camp/preseason, and how JuJu was going to make someone like Coates irrelevant, and would immediately be eating in to Eli's snaps. And would ultimately put us in a position where we would be dressing 4 WRs + DHB for special teams.

20 years old... sky is limitless.

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't wait to see him taking advantage of those mismatches.

I suspect that it will go from "hated the pick" to "great draft pick!" pretty soon.

I wonder if we are seeing the end or at least a very limited Bell in the passing game? I wonder if the reason is two fold: 1) preserve Bell and 2) a shrewd business ploy to take away his negotiating leverage.

12. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Im not reading too much in to Bell's usage yet. Talk to me after week 6 or so. Missing all of camp/preseason has a huge impact. As to the business side... it wouldn't make sense. They are stuck with the Franchise tag as the starting point regardless.

I do think Eli Rogers will continue to be impacted. Like I said from day 1 of the WR debates.... JuJu is so much more versatile that he will eat in to everyone's snaps. No one more so than Rogers.

13. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    3. Transition to taking him off the field so we can *finally* utilize more play-action with Conner.

I'm perfectly OK with Bell having a reduced role in our passing game. Do whatever it takes to win *and* keep the team as strong as possible.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I would think rust too, but they did give him 30 touches last week and almost none of that was in the passing game. JuJu has been taking his spot in empty sets.

As far as contract, yes, locked into tag but Bell recently mentioned 17 million. It would all but strip him of any ability to negotiate a higher contract making a long term deal more likely. Not sure they'd do that but it did cross my mind.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I have feeling that when we really need him in the passing game, we'll see one of those "8 catches for 80 yards" kind of games out of him.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

I understand both sides of the argument. No, we have to make sure we have Bell at the end of the season and playoffs and No, we need to win games now. The answer is probably some where in the middle and hopefully JuJu can help with that.

Most likely.

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Even if JuJu goes to the Hall of Fame someday... I'll still say it was a bad pick, considering the needs at the time. :icon mrgreen:

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hope that's sarcasm, because if not....

[​IMG]

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Nah... if he ends up making the Pro Bowl, I'll give Colbert and Tomlin a pass and say it was worth a 2nd round pick.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your right, he is much more lethal in passing game.