1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ba Bye Jarvis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Sorry guys, but he Will be cutted again before 1 sep. :-(

2. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I can't link the article but - "Front page AP...Arizona Cardinals and former Steeler Jarvis Jones agree to terms. Arizona has accepted Jones offer to play for 1 hot dog and a small Coke per game. Jones attempted to hold out for ketchup and a medium sized Coke, however Arizona declined. Both sides seem to be happy with the arrangement, however Arizona is concerned they may have over priced his value by adding a bun with the hot dog. The contract is laden with incentives. Should Jones make it out of training camp he will be entitled to a bag of chips. If Jones plays more than 5 total minutes through the season Arizona has agreed to give him one free movie pass (half price Tuesday only). Arizona says they will pay Jones 5 million per sack...they are not worried!"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Will be interesting to see if Buckner is right. If he turns his game around, thats going to be seen as a negative against Butler.

I dont see him ever being a 10 sack guy but even 5-7 range would be a big improvement.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly think he would have been a draft fail for anybody though.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Or even 2-3...:shrug: LOL!

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep. Completely agree. You could see it in the effort. He mailed it in right away. The 49 cent postage stamp was the best money he ever spent.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think he did.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I would put money on him getting a sack in his first game for Arizona.

Then disappearing forever.

10. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    ....and of course, who can forget procuring Neil O'Donnell from us after Super Bowl XXX and the countless championships that followed....

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't think hem mailed it in. He was just never any good - except when facing Joe Thomas for some reason... theater of the absurd.

12. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    While I typically focus much more heavily on game tape and production vs workouts, Jarvis Jones is the poster boy for why workouts do matter.

I dont think you could watch tape on Jarvis coming out of Georgia and thought anything else other than he was going to be a star.

2 big things flew in the face of that assomption. He was overaged and was playing against people 3 years younger than him. That matters. Jarvis also had very poor workout numbers.

He was never going to be the player I watched at Georgia when it came to the NFL.