1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

B!TCH N COMPLAIN Thread

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by forgotten1, Jul 23, 2023.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Assembly consistency on packaged food items has gone to Hades in a handbag. I think that Covid and bumping minimum wages through the roof has caused corporations to drop many mid-managers and quality control personnel. Examples - Vlasic Sandwich Sliced Pickles are barely even sliced. While you're creating your 8" tall Dagwood while prepping for kickoff for watching Steeler games, you have to plunge into the brine and pull out whole pickle and finish the slices manually. What's even the reason for buying sliced pickles if it's in fact a DIY project? I stopped buying this more expensive brand and get the generic store brand and never have a problem and tastes just as good for 1/3 the price.

And then there's the issue with Oreos! Nabisco molds their fancy embossed logo onto the outside of both halves (a free product placement ad x 2) but when you sort through the 15-20 you're going to wolf down every quarter of a Steeler game, several have the smooth non-embossed side facing out. WTF? It's like a moving violation on your tongue. Albeit I often twist these suckers apart and lick off the center frosting but that's besides the point. That's a consumer prerogative. Again you'd expect this with generic off brands (which actually happens very little with the 99 Cent Only store brands) vs the much higher priced Nabisco products. This lack of quality control gives me heartburn! OK maybe it's the Steelers but you get what I mean.

On discovery, I hereby demand a full Senate inquiry immediately for the mental stability and well-being of the American consumer and Steeler fans everywhere. We deserve better both with consumer goods and Steeler football! :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    NO FRIGGING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I told my wife same thing about quality control. We have had 4 products we had to report. Never had these problems before. Bright side, we got tons of coupons. Beef Steak Rye looked like it was not fully baked. We sent photo's and got 3 $5.00 off coupons and 2 $1.00 off coupons. Actually got a Pirates lunch bag and 10 of those Tuna Creation things because of a nasty can of tuna. All incidents happened in last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm pissed off we ain't got a franchise QB. Not getting younger and since the Pirates don't have a chance in hell to get me a Championship it's up to Steelers. Russell Wilson and Kenny Pickett with no relief in sight:( I have no faith in Pickett and think 36 year old Wilson will be our starter. 10-7, maybe make Playoffs. Years away from landing a franchise QB and if there is a blue chip one when the time comes Steelers will never get a shot cause we never have a high draft pick in round 1.

4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    MONEY RUINED SPORTS!!!!

Kirk Cousins at the ripe age of 36 get's 180 million. I guess all those Super Bowls he won paid off.:facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    While you did this in tongue, and cheek....it a real thing. I've noticed a lot over many products throughout the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And don't get me going on dried beef tongue and pig cheeks in a jar.........that stuff is just plain disgusting. :roflmao:

7. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I took this in like ASMR. LOL

anyschway,

Mt Olive the only pickle.

Oreos just let it dissolve in the mouth. No bites, No creme licking here. Just put the whole thing in the mouth and let dissolve. Same with Reese's peanut butter cups, all at once

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Thanks to Kenny Pickett this board crashed on me. Got it back but I have to log in every time I visit. I checked the STAY LOGGED IN box but it does nada.

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ......after Claussen and Boar's Head. Though, I'm finding Boar's Head very difficult to find. Most stores around me don't carry their products!
    Our grocery store is in a center that also has a McDonald's Wendy's, and Panda Express. When loading my groceries, a homeless guy asked me for money to get a sandwich and all I could think was, "In 2 weeks, these fast food places will be paying $20.00/hour. That should be enough to buy a sandwich......"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just in case you ever need this

If you are going to crash land an airplane land in the same direction as the corn rows not crosswise

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I brush hog the hilly part of my property

It takes 24 hours of total boredom end to end and fear of rolling over

My wife doesn’t want me doing this anymore in the same week two of my farm friends were doing the same thing one is permanently mangled the other is permanently dead

And I have 3 acre lawn

• Like Like x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    What's all this talk of mowing anything? The advantage of desert living is you just have to clear the tumbleweeds and dead animal carcasses away from your front door a few times a year so you can get out. :drinks:

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It can be dangerous. I knew of a guy who turned over by the edge of a creek, and it landed on Him, and drowned Him. Be safe, and pay attention.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I almost rolled into my fishing pond once

Critters had undermined the edge and back tire started going down

Quick maneuvering saved me

And I’ve had it on two wheels twice

I did not mention the last part to Mrs jeh

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes...It can be very dangerous. Best thing to do , and it's hard for some that like to do a perfect job....is to stay away from those areas. Hell I remember at a young age(I believe 15) I was disking around a old oak, and got so close I knocked My stack of , and broke the windshield of the tractor, and when asked why I got so close.....I said I was trying to do a good job , and get it all.....the reply was....well we aren't going to plant that close to it....so it was a waste of time.....LoL

16. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    I have not noticed a big difference in DILL pickles brand to brand. I like the MtOlive, Vlasic, Claussen, haven't seen Boar's Head pickles. I buy the large jar of Famous Dave's Spicy Pickles. Typically lasts a couple months. Goes with gameday spread nicely. Always pickles, olives, cheese, sausages, and raw finger veggies with dip. Mid 50s-gotta at least try to keep the diabetes at bay.

One thing I will b!tch and complain about on this subject is the price of eggs. I have a cousin that farms chickens for meat. The egg prices went up due to bird flu outbreak. My cousin didn't lose a single chicken to bird flu and says he has no idea why it only effected the egg farms. So now my eggs that were about $1/dozen went all the way up to $4/dozen during this epidemic. They came down but only to $2.50/dozen. I could be more on board with the increase if I felt it wasn't based off a lie. Or an exaggeration of factual events.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I bought eggs yesterday for 4.99/dozen. Some brands were 7.99/dozen!

18. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Seems your egg prices have yet to come back down.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    This is CA. Prices rarely ever come back down!

20. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    I bought a ton of eggs when the price dropped way down.
    Decided i was going to freeze them for later but

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You do know eggs refrigerated last about 6 weeks.

22. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Not in my state you can't. I'm sure Arkansas is even stricter.

:smiley1:

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Not complaining since it's free but the ad monster has taken over. Going through a thread now you see more of them. Good for the people who run the board!!

24. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    What???!!!!
    I was half way through your post and it went to commercial.

Hold the pickles
    hold the lettuce

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    RIGHT ON RED!!!!!!!!
    What is so dang hard about this?