1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AV restructures contract

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Mar 13, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel you will see a lot of No Huddle the way we saw this last season. Keep the pace fast.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The restructures were done to get cap compliant and to pay someone 14.55. The team has not gotten any better. Yes Mitchell and Gay are gone which should have happened whether or not they were close to the cap. There are several players on this team eating up major money. Sooner or later you will have to pay the piper and that's what restructures do. The saving grace will be Bell's 14.55 will be off the books next season. As far as this season thier will be crickets as far as free agency. Have to rely on the draft to fill major spots and hope they can contribute above the grade right out of the box.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The argument Im trying to make and maybe not doing a very good job at explaining it is, I dont think these restructures are going to hurt as much as you and Thorn are concerned about.

Bens 20 million or whatever it is will be off the books in 2 or 3 years, cap continues to go up 10 million each year and as you pointed out, 14.5 million off the books next season with Bells contract done.

Of course if the first two dont happen, that will be a problem but I believe they will.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's built to be quick too. Haley only had the gas pedal down halfway

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It will come back to bite us all this restructuring, we have seen it happen before.