1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AV, A Jersey I need to Buy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Sep 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes sir!

I had a staunch Browns fan tell me last week that she would proudly wear AV's jersey.

4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
  5. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Life is Political..... You know what I meant in asking not to make political statements!!

Cajun

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It is completely disingenuous to post such an article and then pretend that you are not trying to make a political statement. By posting a political article and endorsing it, you have already started the politics talk.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Whatever!!!! I’m a big AV fan, been on record for years so this isn’t new, my fandom for our LT.

I actually hope the mods lock this thread so certain “fans” can’t start crap and ruin a good thing.

PS- If you think this is political talk from me then you DONT Know me!!! I’m Highly opinionated and well versed in my beliefs and can debate extensively Those opinions!! But I won’t here!!!

Cajun

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You made your point known. Now let the mods decide on whether the topic should stay or not.

This quote says it all
    It's no longer about agreeing or disagreeing. It's not about black lives, white lives, military, police, etc. It's about sports, and most of us just want to be entertained by football, nothing else. We watch football for football. I'm not interested in watching NFL players try to save the world, I'm interested in watching them play football, period!

I keep reading articles from these social justice "experts" saying that society needs to confront uncomfortable topics, including during sports. To that I say, no I ****ing don't! You want to make football uncomfortable for me, guess what my response will be, I'll turn the ****ing TV off and the NFL wont' exist to me anymore.

I do not watch sports to be uncomfortable, nor will I. I do my part to make the world a better place. I work in a prison for a living, to try to make society safer. I am a volunteer firefighter, to try and help my community. I'm on a social and recreation committee in my township to try and make my community better for everyone. I was responsible for donating $1,000 worth of smoke detectors to my local food bank to keep low income families safe. I do more for my community than the average person, but if I don't support BLM or don't support murderers who were shot by police, then apparently I'm not doing my part.

To that I say, if you're a social justice warrior who virtue signals and does nothing to actually make change, go **** yourself.

ps. Sorry to the mods. I really tried to hold back. I just couldn't.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This article wasn’t overly polarizing but we said we would start locking all these type threads.

I do find it interesting that the people who don’t like politics in sports are the ones who keep talking about it here the most. Much more threads started by people on that side then those who are for social justice.

Shaner, nice contributions to society. Walk the walk. :hi:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.