1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Audie Cole ILB 3rd round?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Emerald Steel, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Emerald Steel

Emerald Steel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    This guy is listed as a good ILB who could still be available in the third round. I think the Steelers will address their OL and DL in the first two rounds, leaving the LB position for the third round.

Anyone know much about this guy? Any chance we could take him?

2. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Ithink there are guys who arent much different than him you can get later. I live in Wyoming and watch a bunch of regional games - There is a good ILB atTexas (Ancho),UTAH ST (Wagner) , and one at Nevada (Johnson) that are pretty good from games I have seen that may go later (havent seen your guy play- assume he is a top flight LB) I havent heard their names throw around (but again, I havent heard of original guy from NCst). Plus ILB alway seem to fall in the draft. I'd look for one aroung 4 or 5th round.

3. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I would go for one a little eary in the Draft.We need a solid,Proven replacement for Farrior.Maybe 3rd round?

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My feeling is that we should take either Hightower of Kuechly in the first, unless someone falls (DeCastro, Martin, Adams). Feel we have to go nosetackle in the 2nd (Poe, Ta'amu, Chapman). If we don't go LB in the first, I would feel good with Cole in the third or Carder in the 4th, although Tank might be a little small. Cole's faster than Hightower, and safer than Burfict.
    Might consider Burfict in the 2nd.