1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ATTEN..LEBEAU

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jim90, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Please retire, thank you for all of the wonderful years but tonight just shows you've lost it. He leaves the backfield empty?? LOL Ike was getting eaten up all night and he leaves nobody back there for the "just in case they pass it? "

2. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    WOW! I do think the game has passed him bye?I hope I'm wrong?

3. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    EXACTLY. How do you go that aggressive on first down, and especially without your starting safety?

4. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If Lebeau goes, who takes his place?

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Keith Butler

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  7. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If Lebeau goes, who takes his place?

8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I can take his place. I coached a bunch of 6 year olds to a championship with a 3-4 defense.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    IDK about Lebueau, but we need a youth movement on D.

Look at Denvers D...they were so much younger and athletic than the Steelers.

10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    is Lebeau the only DC who doesn't carry a play sheet? the other team can lipread him, he doesn't even cover his mouth up when he's putting in the play.

11. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

They cannot lip read him- he is too weathered for them to be accurate.

12. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I disagree.
    Today he was shorthanded by injuries, and he was let down by some specific players (I won't call them here) on personal matchups.

Let's not forget that this one #1 total defense, #1 against the pass and 8th against the run. Also, we had #1 defense in points allowed this season. This is the defense that shut down Brady a couple of months ago.

If for some reason he goes, Butler will take his place. Hope Coach T doesn't make an experiment with his friend R Morris.

Spagnuolo will be an interesting approach, but I think Coach T in that scenario -LeBeau retiring- will look for a DC that lasts at least 3 or 4 seasons as we get younger on D.

Spagnuolo and other big names will be interested just while they get aonther HC opportunity and will probably not last enough here.

13. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Just stop. Stop. Stop. Stop.

Look at the offenses this defense faced this season.

I agree that injuris didn't help matters yesterday, but this was NOT the #1 defense in the NFL.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao: I knew this post would soon come along.

15. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Unfortunately it seems like our blitzes dont work anymore. Elite QB's arent confused by it, average to to bad QB's seem to rip our secondary. I dont care where we are ranked, it made no difference this year. The league has changed offensively, and stopping the run isnt as important now because the elite teams throw the ball more now than ever. You need to be able to get pressure rushing 4 and playing good pass defense. Good offenses thrive on other teams blitzing. There is a reason Rodgers, Brees, and Brady are so good against the blitz

16. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They were basically the same offenses that the Ravens played, except they were lucky enought not to have to play the supercharged Patriot Offense and got to play against our inept offense 2 times.

So what defense faced all the great offenses this year -- the 49ers out in that stellar division? The Texans in that powerhouse division? So who had the #1 defense??????

17. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I love these posts about the horrible teams we played this year and how we would be exposed with a harder schedule. News flash: there are MANY more bad teams than good teams in the NFL. The steelers did not play a higher proportion of bad teams than the rest of the NFL.

18. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We won 12 games this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only problem is not making any adjustments during game or at half time. That kills me. Injuries hurt also. Woodley was no where near 100% plus 2 d lineman. Finally, Clark not playing at all. REALLY>>>>>>>>>>>>WHat could have been!!!!!!!!!!! oh what could have been!!!!!!!!!

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. Bill Cowher's cliche that "There's a fine line in this league" has never been more true than it is today. Teams go from the outhouse to the penthouse in a single season anymore other than the few teams that are totally mismanaged (insert cleveland here). Lucky for us we're one of the few teams that seem to stay in the upper echelon and as long as you're there you'll always have a shot.

20. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing. How many times this year did we all of a sudden get complacent, and give up huge plays on third down?

21. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    "This year"? That issue has plagued this team for at least 8 years now.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Any 3-4 will not run well without a dominating NT. Casey is washed up.

Our blitzes don't get there anymore...they usually get picked up.

23. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Heck they can't even find a helmet to fit that guy!!!!!!!

24. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Butler? Probably coaching somewhere else next year IMO