1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

At least one question has Ben answered

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I always wondered how much of the offensive play calling was due to Ben's at-the-line decision for his preference, or was he following the OC's plan. From Sunday's game, I think Ben is exonerated, as the dumb play calling continued, and I doubt this was Mason's doing. Except for there not being two or three ill-advised long bombs into triple coverage as Ben would have done, it was the same weird (and ineffective) play calling as always.

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Does anybody think Randy Fichtner actually watches film and gameplans? Wait, does anybody think he can actually read and write at a college level? Not to mention he only has a job because of Ben. Pretty sure he knows when Ben is gone so am I so I highly doubt he wants to see Rudolph succeed.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes I think he watches film and game plans. To think otherwise is just silly.
    Problem is I’m not sure he’s any good at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If you ever listened to Ben's weekly radio spot (when he had it), that question was answered long ago. Ben made it very clear that he was a company man, just following the orders of the higher-ups and hoping for the best.
    Don't you remember, Ben likes quarterback sneaks...He wanted to throw to Juju 4 straight times...ect.