1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Assuming Antonio Brown Is Traded, Which Offensive Player Would You Have?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Feb 11, 2019.

1. D.K. Metcalf: The Ultimate Height/Weight/Speed Monster

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Kelvin Harmon: The Most Physically Imposing Receiver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. N'Keal Harry: The Combat Catch King

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. T.J. Hockenson: The Balanced Seam Buster

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  5. Noah Fant: The Receiving Tight End

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Deebo Samuel: The Human Highlight Reel

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. Riley Ridley: The Route Master

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben avg 50 passes a game that doesn't work. Ben throws it to the other team too much
    now if you limit his throws the Steelers have a chance. I don't see Randy being able to control #7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    After watching a handful of Hockenson games, I’ve changed my vote to him (for now at least). I’d love the thought of going 2 TE sets with him and McDonald. You can go power or spread 3 or 4 wide without changing personnel.

I haven’t really watched much of the other guys other than Samuel yet though.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  3. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    With new comments from Colbert in regards to not knowing what juju will be like without AB, don’t be surprised if WR is our first or second pick. If they get fair compensation in the form of a first, I’m putting my chips in on DK Metcalf as our pick. I think they want a burner that can stretch the field.

A rookie that has the intangible of speed and the ability to run a simple post or streak will have an immediate impact on taking some of the pressure off of JuJu vs a rookie wr who will have to develop more technique to get separation in the NFL, a la Washington.

I get the feeling, whether in the form of wr or te, they are more open to grabbing an offensive playmaker earlier than some people thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Tell you what, I can't wait to see how AJ Brown works out. Something about that guy I like.

5. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure I understand the love that DK Metcalf is getting from the draft guys. A neck injury seems pretty serious to me, and he only put up numbers for half the season as a red shirt sophomore. Sorry, I haven't watched his tape but I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop out of the first.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Antoine weasley I believe is a forgotten sleeper. Texas tech wr.:cool:

7. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Voted Hockenson but of the players we could realistically get i wouldnt mind Fant. The videos I've seen if him suggest he would add much needed flexibility to our offense

8. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Seeing the photo posted i wouldnt say that to the guys face :eek:

9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Nahh. Julio coming out was a complete route runner. This guy is not. He is straight line fast and big. His 10 yard shuttle and CNET drill were among the worst. He wont be able to create separation. He will make a couple big splash catches and plays but he won't be a #1 reliable receiver. His hands also are questionable.

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    From knowledgeable sources this is not a real good year for WR's.

11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I wouldn't take an offensive player in the first....... I would take the best CB first and then the best ilb or edge.... in the 2nd rd, I would hope to land JJ arcega whiteside

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019