1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed Movie

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, May 12, 2016.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I know there's a few AC fans in here. Yes, movies based on video games usually suck. But considering the talent this movie invested in, I have high hopes for it. That, and the game creators taking an active participation in script and narrative hopefully means the story won't be bastardized too much.

I also like the fact that they opted not to do any of the previous game stories. While I'd love to see a Black Flag movie, I know it would just be disappointing because there's no way to adapt it without watering it down. Instead, they're giving us a new story within the AC universe (but it's still considered canon).

The trailer looks VERY promising. The shot of the eagle soaring and the very last shot specifically made me grin from ear to ear.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This does look promising. I didn't know Michael Fassbender was the lead.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Good move bringing Fassbender in. I was just watching 300 the other night and never realized he was in that.

I did a check on his IMB and discovered he was in Band of Brothers too, dont recall that at all, going to have to pop that in and see.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Might as well pop in Disc 1 Ep 1 because you KNOW you can't just watch one episode! Man that show rules!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I remember him well from "The 300." He of arm chopping fame.

But even seeing his picture in Band of Brothers, I remember him, but don't recognize him! :lolol: He was the kid Sobel yelled at for drinking during a run in Curahee. I don't really remember him having much to do other than that.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I remember Sobel, first rate dick! Remember what a different roll for Schwimer that was.

The first thing I ever remember seeing Fassbender in was Inglorious Bastard's , loved that movie.