1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Artie Burns

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by KMM, Oct 14, 2019.

1. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I missed the game for reasons I won't go into, but wondered how much run 25 got and how he did?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He played the whole game I think, he got a dumb penalty in the 4th qtr to give the Chargers a first down. He gave up a TD to the TE, but he didn't give up the big play, somehow he got a game ball :rolleyes:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry, but no one is off the hook. you MUST reveal why you missed the game or we will fill in the blanks for you KMM, We're waiting..................:stogie:

(Keep in mind that time spent rotating the air in your tires doesn't count).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    My thoughts he looked lost out there in coverage. Was usually late to the pass catcher. Also he hasn't improved on his tackling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There were a few plays late in the game where we were all bashing him but then I heard that he got a game ball. Now, I know some of us like to pretend the coaches are completely incompetent and simply must not know what they are doing if they handed out a game ball to Artie but it made me realize, I don't really recall his name other than those few 4th quarter plays, and thats really a good thing when it comes to DB's.

So, maybe Artie played better last night than we are acknowledging :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    would love to see the all 22

not like i can dissect it, just wanted to sound smart lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    No he didn't play good. Got game ball because he was a no. 1 pick that got demoted and they wanted to keep his confidence up but he surely didn't deserve it because of his play yesterday. He was also lucky they didn't have time to do double moves on him because of our pass rush. He was playing so far away from the receivers and could never challenge the receivers because he was so far back. A lot of the passing yards were to his side.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You really wouldn't know that until you watch the film, impossible really unless you have a magic TV that was trained on Artie all night.

And I don't buy that excuse for the game ball, that's exactly what I am talking about. Lets keep it real.

I'm sure the pass rush did help him as it helps all DB's but he clearly wasn't being victimized all game like he was on that last scoring drive. I said in the GDT that I have no idea why they aren't throwing at him all night after those few botched plays, probably because he was on his game.

9. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Game ball to Artie? There was a DB out there that knocked away a TD pass not named Artie, lol. Give game ball to him. If not that guy, even Bud was more deserving if you have to inspire a weak link. In reality, probably Bush was deserving of the honor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He probably played half the defensive snaps. Definitely wasn't a fixture out there. And if you look at the highlites, you'll see other db's making plays and you won't see him making any. He got burned on the first play of the game and didn't get any better.

And he was given a game ball for his psyche. Tomlin did that just to make him feel good about himself. You think he deserved one and T.J. didn't? Come on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To paraphrase an old MASH episode, "Artie Burns eats worms"!

12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If Cam Sutton didn't get a ball something is wrong.

He was lights out good. Several very good tackles and almost stripped a ball.

Recovered the onside kick.

Then sealed it a 2nd time with the game ending INT.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Believe it or not Missi Mathews reported both Duck and Burns received game balls. OMG this is so stupid.. Really.. Two I can think of that should have gotten game balls was Bush and Sutton

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Tomlin gives out game balls like he's crowning prom king and queen. It's all for show. He's so effing clueless. With one broad stroke, he has made the "game ball" tradition a joke. No one should even care to be recognized at this point.

15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Did Tomlin draft Burns?

Gotta tell the Boss, hey look at my pick!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Connor deserved the game ball on offense, Snell played a part too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Duck deserved it for his first win as a starter. That's significant. AB didn't deserve it just because he put his jersey on right and his shoes on the right feet.

18. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Artie should give his game ball to Sutton.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He got burned for a medium pass over the middle for the first Charger play and he was often out of position but I don't remember him standing around while his guy burned him deep.

20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Burns didn't appear to make any major mistakes. A good game for him considering we've seen worse.

It's a good chance the Steelers will need Burns to play a role for the remainder of the season. It will good for the team if giving Burns the game ball helps to boost his confidence.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    There were a few completions to Burns side of the field but Haden was being fripped from side to side and he didn t have his best game.

Sure Artie Burns gave up a few completions and by maybe less than an inch the TD to the TE but he might have played pretty well throughout the entire 60 minutes. Like someone said earlier "none of us have the magic tv that shows the entire field" If we didn t here him mentioned too often he might have been fine. On some plays where he was near the tackle I looked on the replay and tried finding fault in Burns but in most cases it was someone else's man and he was running to the ball.

Sutton looked very good in the 4th quarter, but in that 6 DB package he might have had some freedom to react and make some plays. It was a few great plays he put together , the short kick can't be an easy ball to catch knowing the whole team is coming at you , the knockdown was great position and good timing and the pick was the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 1
  22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would take Duck and Connors on offense
    And, Bush and Sutton on defense

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I knew nothing of Snell before this game.

Whoa!
    He's a handful of attitude!
    Love it.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Artie played fine. Haden looked a little off though. Rivers is a good QB and the guys on the other side get paid too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    But, did he do enough to receive the game ball?