1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Art Rooney II ‘Not Closing The Door’ On Steelers Trading For QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 6, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    What the hell does Cam know

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    For “not hard advocating” you sure typed a lot of… well, advocating.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's why I used green font :hehehe:

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    @Blast Furnace my friend....there has been multiple reports of players saying they have wanted Mason, and they ride with Mason. I still think KFP deserves a chance, but whatever happens they have to have a real Qb competition this year, and not just hand the number 1 position away.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Ben was big & hard to bring down but saying he was a mobile Qb even early shows that you don't know what you're talking about... The fact that you dismiss Rudolphs play this season as some kind of luck of the opponent shows you may not understand football very well... Those 2 receivers were not the only players happy to see Rudolph behind center & the entire atmosphere on the sidelines changed because of the success of the offense,,, the entire energy in the stadium changed... I can understand you like KP , & I, most steelers fans, & OBVIOUSLY most steelers players would prefer Rudolph... For OBVIOUS reasons... 2 yrs is long enough to understand what they have in Pickett... Canada was a scapegoat, & was fired bcuz the offense was abysmal... Rudolph was still running the same offense Kp had been because you don't change that mid season... So what was the real difference that the rest of us see, but you apparently don't?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also some people don't understand its hard to win with a turnover machine.
    Just from a strategic stand point. You will be able to win more games if Your Qb doesn't score....than if Your Qb has turnovers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    I think you mean the Qb play was horrid till they put Rudolph in because there is no way you can view the last 4 games as "horrid"... The stats say otherwise... That being said,,, cousins is a hell of a Qb & that would be interesting... Don't know how bad the injury will affect him & wouldn't Minnesota want him back really bad?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would not disagree that Fields is better and even some of his faults are he landed with a bad team. The number of Ints. and fumbles are problematic but even that is not the biggest issue. For me it's the cost AT this time. There was a fluff article "Steelers learn the cost for a trade of Fields", which did not say anything about the cost except it 'appeared' the Bears were looking for a first round pick. Giving a first or even 2nd round pick and immediately have to pick up his option, or trade with that option already in place gives him about 30 Millon guaranteed over 2 years and you lose the pick that could secure your line at T or C. If he makes even a slight impact then you are looking at a huge contract, while still trying to build around him. The risk imo is just to high.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No, Rudolph wasn’t horrible, he was pretty solid. That said, I don’t see him as a QB who is likely to lead a team to a championship. Cousins is much better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How do You know He couldn't build on what He's already show?? If You honestly look at all the games He played ....He has gotten better....with less actual playing time. The man has only started 13 dang games, has a winning record, and not bad statistics. Who actually knows how good He could be???

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Art II backed off saying they would trade for a QB. Good! Fields please! They want to find a sucker. 1st or 2nd round pick :lolol: So they can replace him with a 1st round pick.

And Washed up Wilson drama queen. No thanks.

Lets see what Pickett can do with the new Offensive system.

If Mason resigns great. But I have a feeling it won't happen.

Kirk Cousins would be an upgrade. But, he wants a kings ransom. That ain't gonna happen.

As long as Mitch the Pick is gone the QB room gets better...

Don't be surprised if they sign Tannehill.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ve only seen DJ vocalize it. I’d think it would be widely reported like his was with DJ if other teammates came out and said the same thing. They may feel that way but I doubt they have said it.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Theres no sure thing out there and the best option would cost a ton like you said. And 36 and coming off a major injury.

I agree I think it will be Tannehill but would prefer Minshew if they could get him. But either one of them gives them a chance to compete in case Pickett fails.

Wilson would be my wildcard but only if he’s cut. I could see him thriving under Smith and possibly reviving his career but I tend to agree with your take on him. He’s probably washed and he is a drama queen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I agree, Minshew is a gamer! I said Tannehill due to his connection to Smith and could mentor his scheme to Pickett.

It will be Pickett starting no matter who it is. He would have to totally crap the bed which I don't see. They have to find out if they can move forward with him. But have someone as the # 2 if it goes South.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe Minshew should be the 1 pickup for any team....whether they have a good Qb , or not. He is a player ....while You may not want to build a franchise around Him....you'd be hard pressed to find a better backup in the league. I can't see how Indy let's him go...especially knowing how many times their rookie was hurt last year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Who are the others outside of Lawrence and Luck in the last 25 years?

17. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Matty Ice
    Winston Salem

• Like Like x 1
  18. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    If Rudolph stays and Tannenbaum comes in, should be sitting pretty nice at Christmas.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I had to read that twice

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    after what, 12 years in the league and still waiting to see a team Cousins has lead to a championship. Upgrade, no doubt, worth the 30 plus million he may ask, no thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    read it more than that, am I missing something, sarcasm or wit?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not just counting Qb....I'm counting all the ....."can't miss " players....that I've seen miss. For anyone that has watched football for any length of time....they should know ....there is no such thing.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Christmas reference with Rudolph and Oh Tannenbaum

I think

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    You are right for the can't miss prospect but I was talking only about QB