1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Art Rooney II ‘Not Closing The Door’ On Steelers Trading For QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 6, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, I really don't make lame personal attacks more than anybody. That is more fiction from you. Mocking poorly-constructed and ill-conceived arguments is not a personal attack.

It is even funnier that you think my argument has been destroyed. Which one? That Rudolph played poor competition? Nope. That is a fact. Take a look at the numbers, especially for the Bengals, and factor in that they had just suffered another key loss to injury the previous week.

Were you talking about the argument between us when you falsely claimed that Rudolph was as mobile as Roethlisberger had ever been? We know you lost that one. Badly.

What about my argument that Canada was part of the problem and Rudolph had the good fortune of stepping in after he was gone? Look at his resume, including being fired by LSU after just one season. Look at all the commentary by experts pointing out that the offensive concepts are not good enough for the NFL. It makes sense to want to see what Pickett can do without Canada screwing things up, or at least give him the opportunity to compete for the job in 2024.

My overall argument is that it would be foolish to ignore 5-plus seasons when it would have been kind to refer to Rudolph as mediocre after three good games, especially when you consider the poor competition he faced. There were very good reasons no other team wanted him just a year ago. There is a very good chance some team will overpay for fool's gold when they sign him this offseason. I have no problem with the Steelers re-signing him and letting him compete with Pickett for the job, but I am also certain that if he wins it, their search for the long-term starter will need to start all over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Yes we all know you've never been wrong & nothings ever your fault... also you don't make lame personal attacks in almost every post... You've been completely fair to rudolph,,, these things are all just my imagination running wild... lmao... Ben was a track star & Rudolph can't even run 5 yds lol... I get it...
    Is there ANY chance you're wrong about Rudolph???

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011
    :drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry you don't understand that being fair to Rudolph is expressing an an informed, objective view that credits his improvements, but also takes into account the favorable situation he faced. I'm sorry you your love for Rudolph leads you to construct straw man arguments to attack anyone who dares to question his greatness.

I never said Roethlisberger was a track star. I did write that, in his prime, he was far more mobile than Rudolph. I'm sorry you don't know mobility is about more than speed.

Rudolph got better. At the very least, he is a good backup. If he returns to Pittsburgh, he deserves the opportunity to start, but three games don't prove anything more than that. No, I don't think there is much chance that I'm wrong about any of that.